Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too Fast at the RING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Quilmes
Here is a pic of Udos car after he went a little to fast and lost control at the ring, he was not used to these tires. I trust his judgment, he drives like a bat out of hell, and has countless laps around the ring.
I can hear Gustl b from here,

P.S. the other car to the right of the photo I was asked not show it.
Sorry...

Quilmes
Quilmes
Another view
Quilmes
Udo with a smile, smile.gif
I would be crying my heart for years.

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Bleyseng
Its got that 4x4 look too! Whats with you Germans?

Geoff wink.gif
davep
I think the car is a little lighter without the drivetrain.
Quilmes
Grosse Speed Bumps Ja Ja...
They took out the engine and trans, it needed to replace a few things that broke off during the off road tour de Guard Rail.
Joseph Mills
Sorry to see your friend's car all bashed. Maybe he's smiling because he's not all bashed up. biggrin.gif

Interesting tread pattern - do you know what kind of tires those are?

As so many have said in your other photo thread, great 914 photography! rolleyes.gif
morgan
ooppps!

JM smash.gif beer3.gif confused24.gif headbang.gif welder.gif
Quilmes
I do not remember, I will e-mail him and get that information for you.

Thanks driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Feb 7 2005, 04:02 PM)
I would be crying my heart for years

two words:

cellette bench !!!!

will straighten it right up! get the factory 914 fixtures for it (they are still available).
smash.gif Andy

PS: coincidentally, i'm writing this from the *only* body shop in the greater bay area that has said bench and 914 fixtures ...
ChrisReale
Those tires are some flavor by Pirelli, maybe the PZero Corsa. Not available in 15" I believe

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...del=PZero+Corsa
Brett W
So what is the story on the car that is "not shown"?
Gustl
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Feb 8 2005, 12:59 AM)

I can hear Gustl b from here,

biggrin.gif laugh.gif
did I ask that loud ?
VegasRacer
QUOTE (joseph222 @ Feb 7 2005, 04:46 PM)
Interesting tread pattern - do you know what kind of tires those are?

They look like a set of Dunlops I had. Someone gave 'em to me for FREE. biggrin.gif
I had 225 - 50 - 15's on the back and 205 - 50 - 15's on the front.
I was told they are not available in the Amreican market and they came from Japan.
They were very good track tires. They had good grip and lasted a long time.

Sorry about your car Udo. sad.gif
BigD9146gt
Atleast the car was doing what it was made for, hall'in ass on a sweet track! smilie_pokal.gif
nynone4
Is that Udo's blood type next to his name on the sticker on the door just in front and above the number circle? huh.gif
Quilmes
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Feb 8 2005, 08:20 AM)
Is that Udo's blood type next to his name on the sticker on the door just in front and above the number circle? huh.gif

I would have to say yes.
Are you in need of his Blood, He's a nice guy, I am sure that for a 914 member he would not mind given some up. dry.gif
blutorange
yes we used the"celette"just to make sure everything is straight,about 4 or 5 weeks later we were back to the nürburgring ------a lot of hard work but it was worth it---- talk a look "quilmes
by the way we finally changed the tires back to the good old Yokos 032 R ............much better Udo mentioned during extensiv testing at Spa Franchorchamps in late october
davep
Welcome to the website. A good contribution already. Nice to see the repairs are done.
blutorange
the first picture was taken at Spa Francorchamps after the testing and the engine is now much better as u can see in the second picture..........take a look at his smile i guess he is satisfied with the car
blutorange
ooops this is picture one sorry
Root_Werks
ohmy.gif I hope he gets the car fixed. sad.gif
Quilmes
QUOTE (blutorange @ Feb 8 2005, 01:19 PM)

Is blutorange = Hummel ???
If so you, did a great job on Udos car as always.

TSCHÜSS
Quilmes B52 VW Combi
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (blutorange @ Feb 8 2005, 04:19 PM)

biggrin.gif I really like that color what is the code for it biggrin.gif

BOB
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (ChrisReale @ Feb 7 2005, 11:30 PM)
Those tires are some flavor by Pirelli, maybe the PZero Corsa. Not available in 15" I believe

nope - just Monster Truck sizes - 17", 18", 19" ...
redshift
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Feb 7 2005, 08:31 PM)
Grosse Speed Bumps Ja Ja...
They took out the engine and trans, it needed to replace a few things that broke off during the off road tour de Guard Rail.

lmao...

dood that's too funny.

M
jd74914
Car looks much better now smilie_pokal.gif Is it back on the track yet? driving.gif
bare 1
Is that a spyder in the background?
Aaron Cox
anyone notice the spyder in the backgorund....

user posted image
EDIT ...beat me to it
redshift
Yes, but unlike a common animal, I don't have to chase every picture of a :drooly: car that I see...

laugh.gif

M
Sport-IG
Back on the track, yes! Last racess had been the 500 km old Nurburgring and the 400 km on the same track - at least in the TOP 10 overall smilie_pokal.gif .

A very good feeling and a very good car for racing. driving.gif beerchug.gif
Sport-IG
By the way - it had been a very good and competitive race ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif too!
SirAndy
QUOTE (Sport-IG @ Sep 1 2005, 12:12 PM)
Back on the track, yes!

good to see the car back on the track ...
hail to the celette bench! smash.gif

driving.gif Andy
john rogers
I had to put my name and blood type on the door and on the back of my helmet when I did my first race in Mexico a couple years ago. It is an international thing I guess?
SirAndy
QUOTE (john rogers @ Sep 1 2005, 02:21 PM)
I had to put my name and blood type on the door and on the back of my helmet when I did my first race in Mexico a couple years ago. It is an international thing I guess?

easy life insurance!

hopefully non of us will ever be in a serious crash, unconcious, bleeding to death and the medics can't help 'ya because they don't know your blood type ...
unsure.gif Andy
BMartin914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Sep 1 2005, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (john rogers @ Sep 1 2005, 02:21 PM)

easy life insurance!

hopefully non of us will ever be in a serious crash, unconcious, bleeding to death and the medics can't help 'ya because they don't know your blood type ...
unsure.gif Andy

agree.gif

I would say that that is a good policy no matter where you are racing...
jimtab
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Feb 8 2005, 08:20 AM)
Is that Udo's blood type next to his name on the sticker on the door just in front and above the number circle?  :huh:

Sure is...I 've got the same info on the side of my helmet...it was good enough for Fangio...so it's good enough for me..... happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.