Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Stupid Question Mounting engine to transmission- Gasket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevefed
OK, I've looked at all parts schematics I could find, and for the life of me I can't find any mention of, or view of, a gasket that goes between the 901 transmission where it mounts to the engine. This is an electric engine I am mounting, but it should be the same, as it has an adapter plate that matches just the same. Neither the engine rebuild gasket kits, or the transmission kit that I bought (or any other kits) show, list or explain the use of any gasket when mounting the engine and trans together. Both the Haynes and EV conversion manual simply say to "bolt them together." Since I"m kind of anxious to get going on this, does anyone have an answer to this incredibly stupid question?
r_towle
No gasket
Java2570
No gasket between the trans and engine, they just bolt together.
stevefed
Well alright then! Thanks for getting back to me. I guess it's time to get busy.
r_towle
Please post a build thread with all the details of the controller, the batteries, the distance,
I want to do this to a beetle....
Mikey914
The ground wire is on the trans so the gasket would hinder the current, probably through your clutch cable as that's the next shortest path.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.