Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HaraPuzo
Hey, just saw this on Hemmings.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsfo..._6/1719947.html
Can't guess what it'll go for in an auction!
Are any of you going to Amelia Island to check out the cars?
I'm not, but would be cool to see lots of photos if anyone does attend.
I'm still 914less, but am happy to browse here and online at the moment.
I really like this site, keep up the great work smile.gif
O
bandjoey
Beautiful car and will probably bring big money. However........
Many things keep it from being a true GT. Nitpicking but if they went to so much effort why miss the details? Look at the gas tank and air box parts missing. popcorn[1].gif
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 16 2015, 09:31 AM) *

Beautiful car and will probably bring big money. However........
Many things keep it from being a true GT. Nitpicking but if they went to so much effort why miss the details? Look at the gas tank and air box parts missing. popcorn[1].gif

It's not Nitpicking when they claim "race ready" and modifications "have made this car superior to the GT's of the period," but you would have to pull the pins and pop the hood to refuel. shades.gif

Weren't the real 914/6 GTs endurance racers? I recall something about class wins at LeMans and Daytona...
brant
nice -6

not a GT though..
and not a race car either

schitzo car
brant
duplicate
HaraPuzo
oh, i didn't know about all those visual cues you guys mentioned. and you're saying its a replica? I got to do some more homework!
pete000
I think it looks like a true "Kit" GT build. It has the silver button fuel gauge which in very rare. Looks like everything is there to be a real Period GT kit build. Wish there were more photos.

Not sure about the smaller fuel tank. I think all the Factory assembled GT's had the large tanks installed. Also doesn't seem to have the non motorized head lamp set up.

PBase would know about this car I bet...
SirAndy
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Feb 16 2015, 07:54 AM) *
you're saying its a replica?

Says so right in the description:

"This 914-6 was acquired in the mid 80's by a real true Porsche enthusiast. Realizing the 914 GT's were kit cars to start with, he then painstakingly accumulated all the factory NOS and OEM parts to recreate an authentic 914-6 GT."

popcorn[1].gif
Elliot Cannon
So... It's an "authentic replica"? laugh.gif
pete000
Nice Clone, tribute, replica, imitation, recreation, or what ever they call these types of cars !
Gustl
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 16 2015, 06:14 PM) *

Not sure about the smaller fuel tank. I think all the Factory assembled GT's had the large tanks installed.

definitely not
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 16 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Not sure about the smaller fuel tank. I think all the Factory assembled GT's had the large tanks installed.

Most did, some did not.

--DD
horizontally-opposed
That's the "Tangerine Scream" from an early 1990s (?) Excellence article. I remember buying that issue off the stand as a high-school student. Or maybe it was junior high.

In any event, it's a real 914-6 and a "(largely) period-correct GT" per the GT kit "rule," and built with a lot of NOS GT parts, but it's not a period-built GT. Even so, it's one of my all-time favorite 914-6s. wub.gif

I heard it had sold to Florida a long time ago, and I've been wondering when it would resurface.

pete
HaraPuzo
here's yet another 914-6.
says its a barn find with low kms.
http://hollywoodwheels.com/inventory/1970-porsche-914-6/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.