Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Handbrake linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Click to view attachment

I've got the new part now can you help guide me how I fit it? Is it relatively straight forward?

Instructions for a novice please!

Many thanks

76-914
Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is that piece? I don't remember seeing that piece on either of my 914's.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 17 2015, 10:13 AM) *

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is that piece? I don't remember seeing that piece on either of my 914's.

You've never had a parking brake handle apart?
Socalandy
That's the internal rod that goes up to the release button. I'll try to get a picture for you but it will be a tough shot, not a lot of access.
Luke M
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 17 2015, 08:13 AM) *

That part goes inside the e-brake handle. I never had one out but should be easy enough to replace it. Hopefully someone that's done one will chime in.
If not you may want to pm Bruce Stone. I believe he has taken them apart before.
ChrisFoley
This exploded view might help.

Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 17 2015, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 17 2015, 10:13 AM) *

You've never had a parking brake handle apart?

Not yet, but I'm sure it's on the horizon. I did let the spring shoot out once, though. headbang.gif
Socalandy
a quik pic
cal914
Thanks for all your help, I did it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.