Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the best way to reseal the bottom of a relay board?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
I removed the old cracked tar form the relay board. What is the best stuff to use on the bottom of a relay board to seal the copper strips?
bulitt
There was a thread on using Plasti-dip.
barefoot
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 18 2015, 08:53 AM) *

I removed the old cracked tar form the relay board. What is the best stuff to use on the bottom of a relay board to seal the copper strips?

Epoxy would be good as it's non-conductive.
I use the WEST system stuff sold at most marine stores cause I do some marine fabrications

Probably the stuff you can clear coat table tops with would work as well
Acrylic I think
Bartlett 914
I used a product from Smooth-on

Casting rubber

It pours thin. Be sure to plug any holes around the contacts or it will pour through
BeatNavy
I used Liquid Tape from Home Depot. I think I'd read a thread about this topic from way earlier and that's what was recommended. Only did it a month ago so I can't vouch for its long term effectiveness. It does go on thin.
StratPlayer
Liquid tape
timothy_nd28
For circuit boards, I use humiseal
Markl
I used spray-on Plasti-Dip several years ago - still looks like new. I'd shy away from using anything too difficult to remove, just in case.
Geezer914
Thanks for all the info. I just ordered a tube of Dow Corning 737 sealer, says for use on plastic and glass, from McMaster Carr.
Dave_Darling
Trot over to Radio Shack (or your local electronics store) and look for some "potting compound".

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.