Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73' 2.0 racer for sale on craiglist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
matthepcat
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4893349908.html

Going to go check this out this weekend.

I am curious why the owner thinks it is not a good example for restoration.

IPB Image

Anyone know the car?

Matt
Mueller
Looks very familiar...

I'd guess due to the cage and some other mods it would be too expensive or practical to return to a bone stock restoration, at least if you wanted to be money ahead.

I really like the Fuchs painted like that...
matthepcat
I went and saw this car today. Owner is a PCA auto cross instructor and member since 1968.

This car like his listing stated is not really an easy restoration candidate (some bondo, hood opened on the freeway and damaged the cowl ..a fend bender repair too)

It is originally a tangerine color, but was painted guards red at some point. Battery tray was repaired, hell hole good, trunks good, and have a really nice set of early chrome bumpers. Comes with Fuchs & pedrinis with tires. Car has a half cage installed.

Interior is kinda beat up, but it is a track car. The owner also used it as a daily errand runner and to commute.

The 2.0 runs strong and started right up cold. It was rebuilt by kens sport tech ( who did all the work on the car). The clutch is nearing time to replace, so take note of that.

It's lowered with front & rear swaybars, adjustable rear perches and handles really well (oversteer is possible with the correct encouragement)

This would be a great car for someone who wants to auto cross or track a car. This car would also be great for someone that wants a reliable driver and not worry about keeping it nice.

Pics to follow
matthepcat
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.