Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS Hella Interior Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I was doing some parts searching and came up with some NOS Hella interior lights. I think the guy is over the top on price but I would like to see what works for you.
aturboman
If truly proper I don't think $200-250 would scare me off

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 19 2015, 08:43 PM) *

I was doing some parts searching and came up with some NOS Hella interior lights. I think the guy is over the top on price but I would like to see what works for you.

jcd914
That would scare me off
bdstone914
Some nice used ones have sold for $ 150 here. I would not want to pay thst much and could live with the made in Mexico ones that are new.
DBCooper
Agree totally, a new aftermarket VW beetle light is about ten bucks and works just as well. I have other much higher priorities for dollars being spent.

mepstein
Nice used ones sell for 100-150 all day long so I would imagine 250-300 would sell. I'm not a buyer but I think that's a price range for today's market.
914Sixer
I agree, I can live with the Mexico lights for $10 but I am not a buyer at the range prices.
TheCabinetmaker
If I was a multi millionaire and restoring a car to show room new, I'd absolutely buy one. For my driver? Hell no. I have the mex repro and it works fine. I have it set to not come on with the door open anyway.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Feb 20 2015, 08:24 AM) *

If I was a multi millionaire and restoring a car to show room new, I'd absolutely buy one. For my driver? Hell no. I have the mex repro and it works fine. I have it set to not come on with the door open anyway.

agree.gif

My Mexico light works fine for me too. It is not cracked liked the original was.

Before the PC Police respond, I know the switch is on the wrong side but I like it there. Besides it is Mexico light for God's sake!

Cairo94507
I am sure I am kind of nuts when it comes to my Six but even given that, as I am not planning to Concours the car, the $10 replacement light will likely be fine for me. My car actually had a working light in it- I just can't remember if it was original or not. Good chance it is. I can see paying $100 for a new original but it is just not that significant to me.
Big Len
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Feb 20 2015, 08:24 AM) *

agree.gif Only for concours car.
JeffBowlsby
Top dollar for NOS is one thing, at some point its just too greedy.

Realistically they are worth $150 max, above that...is insano.
GeorgeRud
$10 sounds about right for anything other than an absolutely unmolested original car!

BTW, has anyone replaced the original bulb with a LED bulb? If so, which one?

I think the lower heat output would be a good way of preserving the housing.
pvollma
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 20 2015, 12:42 PM) *

$10 sounds about right for anything other than an absolutely unmolested original car!

I have this installed, it is really bright:

LED bulb
Tom_T
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 20 2015, 07:58 AM) *

Top dollar for NOS is one thing, at some point its just too greedy.

Realistically they are worth $150 max, above that...is insano.

agree.gif

... & they can be found NOS more like $100 & under, but I just keep missing those cuz too busy when they come up! sad.gif

IMHO the seller is just waaaay too greedy! dry.gif
JawjaPorsche
One just listed on Ebay for $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Porsche-91...596&vxp=mtr
914Sixer
It will be interesting to see if the USED light even sells at that price. I will have two NOS ones available next week.
913B
QUOTE(pvollma @ Feb 20 2015, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 20 2015, 12:42 PM) *

I have this installed, it is really bright:

LED bulb

Is that a straight drop in replacement bulb, no wiring upgrade necessary ?
Did you buy it from their site or anywhere else available ? Ebay or Amazon or something ?

Thanks in advance
Mikey914
At a certain point these are a big target for repro. Maybe we are there. Any time you can sell at .25 on the dollar, it's worth looking at.
914Sixer
The reproductions out there now are using a black switch instead of the white/cream color one. None of them have the chrome on the outer rim. Just using Autohausaz as an example, they have both the D & E lights for $8.90 and $10.73.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.