Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diamond Racing Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
As the new race car gets closer to coming home more goodies are starting to show up at my door. The latest is a set of Diamond Racing wheels...

16x10....powdercoated silver...will go on under the Sheridan narrow body kit....

Keep in mind that my HRE 3 pc 16x10's are $600 each and I was quoted $800 each for BBS equivalents....

These cost me ~$135 each...

I weighed them against my Aluminum HRE's...they are noticeably heavier and substantially less expen$ive..... laugh.gif

16x10 HRE's = 19.5 lbs each without tires
16x10 Diamond Avengers = 23lbs without tires

Here's some pics...

Bill P.
nine14cats
another...
nine14cats
Here's the profile from the top....

Allows me to use either a 22x10x16 slick (top of picture)

or a 23.5x11.5x16 slick (bottom of picture)

beer.gif

ChrisReale
I like the way the schlick contrasts against the carpet, very martha Stewert-esque laugh.gif
Those look like nice rims. I look forward to seeing (goingforaridein) the finished car cool.gif
J P Stein
Hubba-hubba (an oldfarts term), I gots to git me some of that Berber carpet.....nice wheels & tyres too biggrin.gif
URY914
If my math is right:

14 pounds and $1840 differance. ohmy.gif

Great buy!

Paul
seanery
Bill,
can you post the purchase info here...that seems like a bargain....when I get a job and can buy more stuff, I may get a set for bluecar. driving.gif
joea9146
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 8 2005, 09:20 AM)
Bill,
can you post the purchase info here...that seems like a bargain....when I get a job and can buy more stuff, I may get a set for bluecar.  :driving:

Here is there Website with the Pricing information. Very reasonable compared to Porsche Wheel Prices.

Diamond_Wheels
seanery
thanks Joe!
seanery
Bill,
are those the Avenger model? Did they do the powdercoating for you?
Joe Ricard
They almost look like a Nascar wheel. But I thought the wheels from the red neck race cars were pretty light and I know they are made of steel. Was it Kennseth that broke one last year? hub section stayed on just broke between the holes and came right off.
nine14cats
Thanks Joe for putting the link to Diamond for Sean. You beat me to it!

Sean,

Yes these are the Diamond Avenger series wheels. They are the 5x130mm bolt circle and have the standard lug taper, you can use them with the stock lugs and steel or aluminum acorn nuts.

On the Diamond website they quote $120 each wheel which includes either a silver or black powdercoat. Diamond adds a surcharge depending on the cost of steel at the time you order. That's why my wheels turned out to be $137 each. If you want them chromed or powdercoated a different color, you pay more.

The backspacing comes in 1/2 inch increments. I have to admit that they look alot better inperson than on the web, I'm impressed. laugh.gif

These things look to be put together pretty well. The welds are nice on the center section against the bell.

Hopefully the car will be up and running in the next 3 months and I'll get to try them out!

Bill P.

Jeroen
hmmm... I just passed up an offer on a set of 8x16 and 10x16 3-piece forged magnesium BBS wheels (very light weight)
The guy was asking €600 for the set, but one of the rims had a minor curb dent (fixable) so I passed (I'm a CSOB biggrin.gif)
I'll check if I can get slicks for the 10" wheels (decent street tires are not available in those sizes) and maybe raise my offer rolleyes.gif

joea9146
Bill

Is there an issue with balancing these wheels ? How have you got around that issue... From what I have read most shops are set up to balance Hub Centric wheels, and These are Lug Centric

Brett W
When I was running mine on the street I just had them balance off the center hole. Never had a problem. If you want to do it right I would make an adapter that would bolt to the lug pattern and have a concentric center hole. That would solve the concern about lug-centricity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.