Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pricing Opinion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swooshdave
I may need to let the car I got last summer go. It's in storage now and I may need to move it out.

I'm trying to get some opinions on it's approximate worth. It needs some work but it does run and appears to be pretty rust free. It would make a great car for an engine swap if someone didn't want the 1.7.

IPB Image
Paint is rough but the interior is nice.

IPB Image

IPB Image
I was able to get one rocker off and the long looked solid. I gave up on the bolts on the other side.

Hell hole has been repaired at some point.

IPB Image
There's a little rust behind the seats. The rear window is loose and I assume water got back down there.

http://s237.photobucket.com/user/swooshdave/slideshow/914

The Photobucket album is open if you want to see all the gory pics.

I'm looking for a fair price range. I have a number in mind but want to hear the voice of the experts. beerchug.gif
Cuda911
I'd say 2,500 or so.

Prolly can get a lot more if parted out... the bumpers look good.

swooshdave
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Feb 20 2015, 10:15 PM) *

I'd say 2,500 or so.

Prolly can get a lot more if parted out... the bumpers look good.

I'm not going to part it out. I think you're in the same price range I was thinking.
mepstein
I would think it would sell quickly at $2500.
swooshdave
It definitely needs work but it runs and drives.
rnellums
The interior (which looks amazing) will probably net you 1k by itself, but id discourage parting unless you really need the cash.
shoguneagle
Please do not part out this car. Too many are being parts for "money sake" and not for the car which does deserve to be restored. Depending on price and what I have in my "mad 914 fund" I may have enough to buy it. Please let me know if you really have to sell.

Steve
Mikey914
You are looking at what is effectively a new 356, many cars were parted out for the $$ in the short term, but they are worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$now.

So if you need to sell, I'd hold tight for summer. The market will be going up as it always does. It's also much easier for you to not part out. Remember you may make $3500 in parts, but you'll spend 100 hours parting, advertising, packing and shipping. if you time is worth $10 an hour your already down to $2500. Put in on Craigslist at $4k (and wait. The market will come to you eventually. Just be completely up front on the rust damage.
I suspect that you will sell be end of summer pretty easily at this price point. Maybe sooner.
swooshdave
Just to be clear this is too nice to part out. I can probably put a cheap paint job on it and sell it for a bunch.
Mikey914
The paint job is only window dressing. If you have the rusted panels replaced and well documented it would be more appealing to the savvy buyer.
Paint to have done right will run you 3-5k and you will find rust there too. Having a good foundation to work with is 1/2 the battle.
If you are in the Portland area I have a few guys I can refer you to if you need work done. One of my green cars is out for metal work now.
etcmss
more description would help. after looking at the photos it needs some work, parts and lots of labor. The year, engine might tell more--single carb?, 1.7?, any info to help your price. Cars like this have sold for more than $2500. Some in the $3500-4000. If that's your ballpark/range (2500) I might give that now.
There does appear to be a picture of a rear mount/jack point that may be missing?--true? may indicate structure concerns. The photos are tough to see since they are small and I was not able to enlarge to see details.
Gary
mepstein
I agree with mikey. A cheap paint job won't add any value to the car. It needs work but looks to be a good project. Price it right and it will sell.
swooshdave
QUOTE(etcmss @ Feb 22 2015, 04:19 AM) *

more description would help. after looking at the photos it needs some work, parts and lots of labor. The year, engine might tell more--single carb?, 1.7?, any info to help your price. Cars like this have sold for more than $2500. Some in the $3500-4000. If that's your ballpark/range (2500) I might give that now.
There does appear to be a picture of a rear mount/jack point that may be missing?--true? may indicate structure concerns. The photos are tough to see since they are small and I was not able to enlarge to see details.
Gary

1973 1.7
The serial number is in the database.

It could use a total restoration but I can't stomach doing that to a 1.7

swooshdave
I managed to sell the car for a reasonable amount last week. Going to someone with more time for this project than I have. Thanks everyone!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(swooshdave @ May 31 2016, 02:30 PM) *

I managed to sell the car for a reasonable amount last week. Going to someone with more time for this project than I have. Thanks everyone!

Congrats! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.