Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 2.0 Appearance Group - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
carr914
Many of you know Betsy (hotshoe names his cars not me) - she is techinally a 3 owner car, but shoe owned her for under a year and I've hads her for 15 months. She is a low mileage (4x,xxx) documented with an inch thick folder.

Donald (hotshoe) put new Bilsteins, New Tires, rebuilt the carbs and drove her the RRC in Utah, Hershey Swap Meet in PA and the Tropical Ramble in Daytona from Tennessee. Here is his Thread;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...39&hl=Betsy

I've only driven her about 100 miles but she screams down the road. There is repair sheet from the Original Owner with outragious Dyno numbers that I don't believe, but she is faster than any other 2.0 that I've driven besides my 2.0 racer back in the 90's.I've owned close to 30 914s

When I got her she was in need of paint. This is what I've done

Purchased the car from shoe for $10,500
Had her painted to the tune of $5,000 by a Nationally known painter. Exterior stripped, any small ding worked, Tornado Mirrors removed, rear center reflector removed, holes filled, blocked for ever, painted Base Coat Clear Coat in original Alaska Blue Metallic.
Install Triad Muffler & Custom Rear Valance - $500
Purchased Fuel Injection system from Garold Shaffer $500-600. This is not installed and I never intended to, I just wanted it to go with the car. Len914 has Tested the most important components
ThePaintedMan has synched & worked the carbs over. I put different Air Cleaners with Rain Shields and I improved the Carb Linkage
I purchased just about everything 914 Rubber has - Every Seal (some I didn't need), full carpet set.Over $1,000
I purchased S/S Fuel Lines from Chris at Tangerine
Purchased Original Exterior Mirror

more pics
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...54&hl=Betsy
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...81&hl=Betsy

Overall, she is very nice, very pretty, probably has the nicest (5) original Fuchs I've ever seen.

The downsides - Betsy was hit in the PS front quarter at one point, A new outer Fender was put on and the Inner panels were hammered back into shape (in the VIN area) so in my opinion she won't be a Concour Queen even though nobody will see it without you pointing it out.
The car is almost completely put back together - ThePaintedMan is coming over today to help me finish the Fuel Lines and Alt Belt. I'm not a Concours type of guy and not all the Trim is on but I've got it all. I've gone Blind in the last few weeks, so you might want to put some pieces on vs. me

I've had this car Sold twice for more money to people that never came through. hotshoe wanted her back too but we couldn't make that work.

As Detaled above, I have about $18,000 into her. With my Medical Bills mounting, I'd like to make a quick good deal for someone. So

SOLD!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Someone's going to get a terrific car. driving.gif
Cairo94507
This is a terrific car at an excellent price. I am upset to hear about your medical issues and wish my Six was already done and in my garage so I could buy this one. Terrific car, great color and done right. Best wishes and GLWTS. A buyer will not regret this purchase.
rnellums
I saw this car when Shoe drove it across the country to RRC in 13'. There are few 914's that are robust enough to jump in and take for a ~4000 miles spin. The only blemish on the car at that time was the poor paint, which seems to have been properly remedied.

Alaska blue metallic is one of my FAVORITE colors. Great looking car!

-Ross
carr914
Thanks Guys, The SS Fuel Line is in (only F-I Clamps used), the Gas Tank is back in, & the Alt Belt is on,. The Battery is Dead, but it will be fired up in a few minutes
carr914
Car is up & running - purring like a Kitten

Super Thanks to George & Everett for coming over today - it really sucks not to be able to see properly. Everett took a Video on his phone that he will post up later to show the car running.

Hopefully my vision is a little better tomorrow so I can post up some more pictures

blue914.jpg
carr914
If the right buyer wants a Trailer to take Betsy home, I will throw in my Trailer for an additional $500

Click to view attachment
snakemain
It runs! Purred like a kitten idling for 15 minutes after this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKR0zVK0lg
carr914
Thanks for putting the Video up!
carr914
Pretty Clean under the Tank

Click to view attachment
eric9144
IMO One of the best 914 colors to be had and this car has all the right things done, someone should jump on this beerchug.gif

GLWTS!
carr914
Click to view attachment
nine9three
Is the repaint in Alaska Blue?
carr914
QUOTE(nine9three @ Feb 23 2015, 04:47 PM) *

Is the repaint in Alaska Blue?

Yes, It looks a little wierd in my pictures, but the Exterior perfectly matches the Trunks (original paint)
carr914
Just a Heads up - I have a guy coming this weekend that I know his intent is to flip it.

I'd much rather it went to someone here!
orthobiz
Is it drivable right now?

Paul
carr914
We had to put the Battery from Georges truck in but it fired right up. I have 2 Odyssey's & 1 Advanced Auto Parts Batteries, but my charger took a Shit. I'll take one into work & get a charge.

When I changed the Speedo Angle Drive, I lost a bunch of Gear Oil. The other day I couldn't find my reverse socket & George didn't have to refill it. I have the Gearoil. So the Gearbox is low to empty. The Last thing to worry about is the Gearbox - it was great and I'll throw in a spare if you want.
carr914
Weekend icon_bump.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 21 2015, 04:31 PM) *

If the right buyer wants a Trailer to take Betsy home, I will throw in my Trailer for an additional $500

Click to view attachment

This deal just keeps getting better!

This was a stout performer when I saw it in Colorado for RRC '13. And in my opinion (and others) the 1973 2.0 is the most desirable of the 914/4s.
carr914
Sail Trim Panel Trim is done as is 90% of the Interior!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
If you are going to respond, please answer your phone or answer pm's. Otherwise you are wasteing my time. If you waste my time, the car is not available to you at any price.
Cairo94507
Hi everyone- I talked with T.C. about this car and it is close to going to a "flipper" and that drives me nuts. This is a great car and it deserves to go to someone here who will take car of it and enjoy it. The price is quite reasonable. I have said it before, if my Six were already in my garage, this car would be parked next to it. Good luck with the sale and hopefully somewhere here takes advantage of this price.
billcahill
Hoping this car is still available. Looks great. I am looking. I am not a flipper, I love porsches. I own a 912.
bill@bill-cahill.com
billcahill
Any body know of a place that can give a good PPI in florida?
Cairo94507
For what it is worth, T.C. is one of the people I would be comfortable buying a car from and relying upon his representation of the condition. He knows these cars inside and out and his reputation is beyond solid.
billcahill
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 9 2015, 07:29 PM) *

For what it is worth, T.C. is one of the people I would be comfortable buying a car from and relying upon his representation of the condition. He knows these cars inside and out and his reputation is beyond solid.

That is good to know, and the response on this board goes a long ways.
I am very interested and I have been conversing with T.C.
I am located in Los Angeles. So I want as much info as possible before spending the money to fly there. I am serious about purchasing a 914. I know this car has carbs, but it also has original engine. It is my understanding that the cam needs to be changed if converting to carbs, so I am not quite sure. If people have thoughts, I am more then happy to hear. I have been in the 912 world a while and I know the cars have specifics to each of them. I want one as original as possible. I wish it had original FI. I don't know about the little pieces, like side markers for each year, etc. etc. So, this does seem very original except for a few pieces which can be corrected. If this engine never had a rebuild, I would imagine it will be due soon.
carr914
Bill, it come with an Original FI system that I bought from Garold Shaffer and the important pieces were Tested by Len914. These motors can last a long time if the Valves are adjusted correctly, and the car driven correctly (not missing shifts). Probably the thing that is good as this car has been driven despite it's low mileage. You can see in the Video by Everitt that the motor free runs up to 6500 without even trying. I would encourage to pm hotshoe_914. Donald drove this car to Utah, Hershey & Florida all in less than a year. Like myself he has had a bunch of 914s. I think he has 3 and he wanted Betsy back, but we couldn't cut a deal
ThePaintedMan
I've worked on this car, as TC said, doing the valve adjustment, fixing the carb linkage, synching them and replaced the alternator belt. Car idles nice and smoothly, around 850 rpm once warm - plenty of pep.

The respray was done very well, damn near perfect and the guy took his time (as TC can attest to). The interior is beautiful in this car as well.

This car needs nothing to be a driver right away. The nit-pickers may find things here and there to tinker with, but as-is, it's a beautiful car and a great example of a '73 2.0 AG. It could easily be converted back to FI since TC has the parts included with the car. If I had the money, I'd buy this one for sure.
Cairo94507
Damn it I hate seeing this car still for sale. If I wouldn't end up living in a motel with no place to park the Six I would buy this car in a hot second. MY wife would absolutely kill me though - seriously hissyfit.gif
Chris H.
This doesn't help the sale but I totally agree. If I had a place to put it and extra cash I'd buy it in a second. It's a '73 2.0 with documented low miles. Been on the board for years. WTF.gif . ALASKA BLUE METALLIC and it was just resprayed. Is it the little wrinkle in the front trunk? As long as the hood lines are straight and that section measures in spec that's minor. Never seen it in person, but it sure seems like a great deal.
carr914
I still have the car. The carpet is all in, more trim is on - nearly done

Probably going the eBay Route
dchunk911
how 'bout passenger side longitudinal?
Is car in Tampa? Can I see it on a lift?
carr914
The Longs are perfect! The car is in Tampa and I have a Lift
larbo53
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 11 2015, 08:23 AM) *

The Longs are perfect! The car is in Tampa and I have a Lift

PM sent.
carr914
Last Chance for Romance - Sunday it may be gone
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif for an awesome car! We should trade for a moth or two.. smile.gif
Chris H.
Finally it sold! Time for the "oh man I was just about to PM you..." posts... This is a nice car...great deal.
carr914
It's still in my garage, but sold. If you truly wanted it, it probably could still be had. The Buyer took the project/parts car I got from 4Blades because of the weather (& the Project car was in my street biggrin.gif )
snakemain
Praise the lord and pass the Miller Lite! Congrats T.C. Soon you'll have room for another project!
carr914
Actually no, while I might get a car & store it for awhile, the Spyder is getting finished in the next 2 months guaranteed!
Cairo94507
Someone got a terrific car.
carr914
Yes, they did, especially considering they will be swapping some of the parts from the car I got from 4Blades and also sold them. For instance, the 4Blades car had an Original Sigla windshield in great shape with the SS Trim while Betsy had a New aftermarket windshield with new 914 Rubber Trim.

I will see the car in the future
carr914
a shot at it's new home

Click to view attachment
bcheney
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 28 2015, 09:23 PM) *

Actually no, while I might get a car & store it for awhile, the Spyder is getting finished in the next 2 months guaranteed!

Ok so is the Spyder done??
carr914
No!

Space at the shop is an issue - if they would sell the two 914s I sold them that would help. It will get there next week.

Then this year is going to go down as T.C.'s Health (& financial sanity) goes to the dogs. 1st I went Blind in one Eye (recovered), then I broke a Tooth racing and had to Oral Surgery,, then my Knee needs to be replaced. headbang.gif

Actually I'm seriously thinking about selling the Spyder!

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Aging is not for the weak of heart my friend. May the new year bring you excellent health and many new (Ones you have not already owned) 914's. beerchug.gif
914time
Aging is tough work!

I like the early 911 Targa in your shop. Looks like 14" Fuchs? If so, an "E" car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.