Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So what on earth is a 914 Tischwimpel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I have seen these before and didnt know what they were...?

How is this used?

confused24.gif

Midtowner
Is it a Loincloth? Just kidding of course! confused24.gif
GWN7
Wall hanging?
rick 918-S
idea.gif confused24.gif
Howard
Desk or table top flag/banner. "Klaus, vhe are supposed to sit at zhe Porsche Table" See the Tischwimpel?

Or a Bavarian rectal problem???
Gustl
well, it's really hard to explain to someone in a foreign language ... but I try

you hang it on a litte (wood) stand at the table where a group will meet, just to state that this table is occupied by a special group of person - in this case 914 guys
it's a commom way in Germany and Austria to express that these guys sitting around the table belong together, connected by the topic shown at the "Tischwimpel"

even companies have such things to show who they are, so that's easier to find them when somebody's looking for and don't know any person

o.k. - must sound strange, but my english knowledge allows no better explanation unsure.gif
I'm pretty sure Andy could do it better
airsix
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Feb 7 2005, 11:33 PM)
o.k. - must sound strange, but my english knowledge allows no better explanation

That was a perfect explanation. smile.gif

-Ben M.
markb
QUOTE (airsix @ Feb 7 2005, 11:37 PM)
o.k. - must sound strange, but my english knowledge allows no better explanation

-Ben M.

agree.gif
Well said. Thanks.
Gustl
QUOTE (airsix @ Feb 8 2005, 08:37 AM)

-Ben M.

many thanks pray.gif

by reading my own post I wasn't so sure that anyone catches what I tried to express biggrin.gif
xsboost90
ohhhh.....i thought you hung it in the bathroom like backup toilet paper... sad.gif
bd1308
Tisch means board....wimpel was never taught in HS german . Wall hanging i'm going to go with.
Gustl
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 8 2005, 02:25 PM)
Tisch means board....wimpel was never taught in HS german . Wall hanging i'm going to go with.

[german] Tisch = table [english]
[german] Wimpel = pennant [english] *

* that's what my dictionary says confused24.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Feb 8 2005, 06:20 AM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 8 2005, 02:25 PM)

[german] Tisch = table [english]
[german] Wimpel = pennant [english] *

* that's what my dictionary says confused24.gif

Gustl and I are not always right, but we are never wrong beerchug.gif
Get your Tischwimpels here!
URY914
They are very useful at a strip club when you what the best looking dancers to know you own a Porsche. You put it on you table and its like a chick magnet! happy11.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 8 2005, 04:28 PM)
Gustl and I are not always right, but we are never wrong   beerchug.gif  
Get your Tischwimpels here!

agree.gif beerchug.gif laugh.gif

@ Paul: due to your comment I bet this "VW-Porsche Tischwimpel" will sell for much more than the seller expected chairfall.gif
SLITS
I'm suprised that Zits or Gay boy hasn't jumped on it.....it purpleish/pink.....would match their bunny ears or flips.

$63.00 opening bid......that's 3 club hats smile.gif
bd1308
no actually its 63EUR, EUROS. it's running a little higher to the dollar so it's running more than $63. plus the 3EUR shipping is going to be like trade-tischwimpel for kidney.
SLITS
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 8 2005, 11:14 AM)
no actually its 63EUR, EUROS. it's running a little higher to the dollar so it's running more than $63. plus the 3EUR shipping is going to be like trade-tischwimpel for kidney.

Opening bid was 49 Euro......$63 US......
Howard
I was thinking of a group buy. About $15 US delivered if we order 100 wacko.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 8 2005, 11:26 AM)
I was thinking of a group buy wacko.gif

It would look really good on Suzi drooley.gif
bd1308
blink.gif sorry SLITS, my bad
SirAndy
I'm pretty sure Andy could do it better

couldn't have said it any better! clap.gif

for those of you fortunate enough to have a german restaurant in your town (and i mean a *real* one, not your wiener schnitzel chain),
next time you go there, look around for the "Stammtisch". You'll see a "Tischwimpel" ... they might even have a bell hanging above the table. resist the urge to ring it, unless you brought enough $$$ to buy everyone in the room a beer ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Howard
Really, I think we should do a group buy. Was going to use Z's ass for the logo, but didn't want to offend myself.
JeffBowlsby
Cool Howard....

So now we can hope to see commemorative 914 Club Tischwimpels at the WCC....

We want to be as authentically german as possible...

Ven inst a Gee-er-man cah clubvummen, do as der Germans do...Yaah....

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

r_towle
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 8 2005, 02:07 PM)
Really, I think we should do a group buy. Was going to use Z's ass for the logo, but didn't want to offend myself.

that should be Fuchidol....proper spelling and all...
Howard
Good idea, Herr Schüssels. We'll use them as center pieces and door prizes. smilie_pokal.gif
SLITS
They'll make good butt wipers at Willow
Gustl
just found a "Tischwimpel in action" in one of our meeting rooms cool.gif

normally our sales representatives talk to our customers here

VegasRacer
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Feb 24 2005, 04:08 AM)
just found a "Tischwimpel in action" in one of our meeting rooms cool.gif

It looks like a Stammtisch to me. smilie_flagge6.gif
Gustl
yepp, but without the bell for the "Lokalrunde" beer.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Interesting that this thread bubbled up to the front page again today... For some odd reason, I woke up this morning with the word "Tischwimpel" stuck in my head...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.