Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade 2015 who's going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
This year is the 60th Porsche Parade and will be here in Indiana in French Lick (I know, strange name). I haven't been to a Parade in 15+ years, but I am thinking of going. It runs June 21st - 27th. Even the wife & son seem to be interested. I would take the AX 914 so I can run the Autocross events.

More info 60th Porsche Parade

914forme
I'll be dropping in, not planning on going it is right in the middle of my busy season.
GeorgeRud
We're planning on going. When the Parade is local to us, it's too much fun not to attend. I understand Porsche is going to go all out for the 60th.
jim_hoyland
I'm half in.....? Trying to work out the logistics of flying from So Cal, and getting to French Lik. Don,t want to rent a car, prefer a ride or a delivery. When will registration open up ?
GeorgeRud
March 17th at noon EST.

Visit Parade2015.pca.org for more details.
Jamie
I would hope that we can schedule a time and place for the 914 World gang to assemble for a "howdy!" piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Jamie @ Feb 24 2015, 10:01 PM) *

I would hope that we can schedule a time and place for the 914 World gang to assemble for a "howdy!" piratenanner.gif

agree.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
914forme
agree.gif Not much around French Lick, except French Lick, and a national forest. We should be able to find someplace to meet up. Larry Bird's house?
jfort
I plan on attending. Never been to one
Jamie
Post to bring this topic back to life, I would hope that we can make plans to have a 914 World gathering at 2015 Porsche Parade in French Lick. Anybody interested?
stevegm
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 1 2015, 09:05 PM) *

Post to bring this topic back to life, I would hope that we can make plans to have a 914 World gathering at 2015 Porsche Parade in French Lick. Anybody interested?

I might make it up to the Parade. But, I am not sure yet.
Eric_Shea
Ima definitely maybe probably. biggrin.gif
oakpark
We'll be there in a 2 car caravan, 914 for the concours and the family Volvo
oakpark
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 1 2015, 06:05 PM) *

Pick a day that doesn't have the autocross, or the concours. My suggestion is a gathering on Tuesday or Friday.
57lincolnman
Boycotting Indiana. The Parade should be in a state that doesn't legalize discrimination and that treats everyone fairly.
GeorgeRud
Moving the Parade to various parts of the country has always been the policy of the PCA, and this year French Lick was chosen. Nothing to do with politics, and the folks are nice and friendly in southern Indiana.

If that's not someone's favorite spot, 2016 is scheduled for Vermont, and this year's fall Escape will be up in the badlands by Mt. Rushmore.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(oakpark @ Mar 1 2015, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 1 2015, 06:05 PM) *

Pick a day that doesn't have the autocross, or the concours. My suggestion is a gathering on Tuesday or Friday.

agree.gif I would vote for Tuesday
stevegm
I teach a class on Tuesdays this summer. So I can't do then. I could do Thursday or Friday. It seems like we'd get a better turn out for a Friday, too. Don't you think? Just my .02
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 2 2015, 07:05 AM) *

I teach a class on Tuesdays this summer. So I can't do then. I could do Thursday or Friday. It seems like we'd get a better turn out for a Friday, too. Don't you think? Just my .02

I plan to be driving.gif my 914 in the Autocross on Thursday during the day so after the event is done, then sure that works for me. I was planning to head back home Friday unless I win some award for Axing or Friday works best for everyone else, then I will hang out a extra day.
rick 918-S
If I attend it will have to be Friday. Gots a j-o-b thing now dry.gif and It's a 12 hour drive to show up to a driving event. screwy.gif biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

Registration opens tomorrow at noon. As for meeting with other 914ers lets plan on Friday? I have no idea on where / when / how but we can work out the details as the date gets closer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.