Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 -914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Dehcho
Hey Guys,

I am selling my 914..

Honest opinions please. Am I asking too much? Its listed on Craiglslist Seattle as well as PCA

Thanks in advance..

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4904527985.html
lostreasure
beautiful car and very original- it is little more money then most 914's that are for sale but i believe it is a great price for a car that has no needs. Be patient and eventually you will find the right buyer.
enf2232
More photos on The Samba.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1757772

G e o r g e
In todays market it is hard to say if it is to high, if you want a quick sell then yes, but if you have time who knows.
I would only add that good pictures of the hell hole and drivers side hole, the longs trunk floors( cleared of everything ) and more close up shots will or can show a perspective buyer that he or she is looking at a great limited ( all 914's have rust)rust car. Pictures sell cars. I ask for the same pictures to evaluate $1500.00 rollers as a 20,000 pet.

it is a beautiful car though GLWS
Dehcho
Hey Guys,

Price reduced to $14,000

Thanks

Brett
rjames
I'd echo what others have said. No disrespect intended, but for a 1.7 at that price I'd want a near perfect car with zero rust issues. I didn't look at the pictures on the Samba, so maybe you've shown photos of the usual problem areas, but I would add those to your CL add.

Also, for $14k there shouldn't be any 'shimmy' at the rear wheel. Could be the wheel, could be the suspension ear about to fall off due to rust, either way it should be fixed for that price.

All that said, it looks like a good car, good luck with the sale!
Dehcho
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 27 2015, 10:15 AM) *

I'd echo what others have said. No disrespect intended, but for a 1.7 at that price I'd want a near perfect car with zero rust issues. I didn't look at the pictures on the Samba, so maybe you've shown photos of the usual problem areas, but I would add those to your CL add.

Also, for $14k there shouldn't be any 'shimmy' at the rear wheel. Could be the wheel, could be the suspension ear about to fall off due to rust, either way it should be fixed for that price.

All that said, it looks like a good car, good luck with the sale!

Thanks for your opinion, but before you start claiming that my car is going to fall apart due to rust. Perhaps you should read the ad and realize that I said the shimmy issue will be addressed.

Best regards.

Cuda911
He wasn't saying that your car was about to fall apart from rust. He was just pointing out that a shimmy could be a minor issue or a more significant one, and should be fixed if you want top dollar for the car. Likely it is a minor issue with this car and should be addressed prior to the sale.

For a 1.7, may be a bit high, but looks like a great car that I would easily offer 10K for. So, others may be willing to offer more.
Dehcho
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Feb 27 2015, 10:41 PM) *

He wasn't saying that your car was about to fall apart from rust. He was just pointing out that a shimmy could be a minor issue or a more significant one, and should be fixed if you want top dollar for the car. Likely it is a minor issue with this car and should be addressed prior to the sale.

For a 1.7, may be a bit high, but looks like a great car that I would easily offer 10K for. So, others may be willing to offer more.

Thanks for that! I was a little cranky last night. I had the car into the shop yesterday and the mechanic determined that a set of hub centric rings should do the trick. He actually shot a video of the wheels turning while on the lift and i could see that the wheels seem out of center. I googled it and it can be an issue on 914's..

Anyone else have any experience with this?

I will be posting shots of the hell hole, drivers hole and longs in the next few days..

There is minor surface rust on the drivers side hole as the drain was plugged. I won't paint that are until I've taken some photos so people can see that its very solid..

Thanks
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Dehcho @ Feb 28 2015, 12:31 PM) *

Thanks for that! I was a little cranky last night. I had the car into the shop yesterday and the mechanic determined that a set of hub centric rings should do the trick. He actually shot a video of the wheels turning while on the lift and i could see that the wheels seem out of center. I googled it and it can be an issue on 914's..

Chris sells a set of rear hub centering rings that is supposed to address this issue: Tangerine Racing. If that fixes the problem it's a good use of $100!
Jett
Great car. Do you have any pics of the engine compartment, battery tray, longs and under carriage?

That would be great.

Btw is the price $14K CND?
Dehcho
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 28 2015, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Dehcho @ Feb 28 2015, 12:31 PM) *

Chris sells a set of rear hub centering rings that is supposed to address this issue: Tangerine Racing. If that fixes the problem it's a good use of $100!

Those are the exact rings that my mechanic recommended...

Thanks for that.

Dehcho
QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 28 2015, 10:24 AM) *

Great car. Do you have any pics of the engine compartment, battery tray, longs and under carriage?

That would be great.

Btw is the price $14K CND?

I will be getting those photos out soon..

The car has never been undercoated, and you will see that all of the floor pans etc are all original and in very good condition.

Brett

The price is USD.. But...........
Dehcho
If anyone is interested in photos of the floor pans and wheel wells, i have those available now.

I had it on stands the other day and did some power washing.

email me gomad4@me.com

The battery box, engine compartment to come..

Brett
Dehcho
Hey guys,

The car is no longer available..

Thanks for all of your input.

Brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.