Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '70 914-6 "Barn Find" offered at Amelia Island Auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
db9146
No affiliation whatsoever but you can find it here.

pete000
Six figures??
raynekat
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 25 2015, 08:37 PM) *

Six figures??

It will undoubtedly be a boatload!
Cairo94507
That Six was featured in either Excellence or Panorama about 6 months ago or so. Great car and terrific story and documentation.
lostreasure
im guessing but $150k ??
Cairo94507
The car is in original condition after having been stored for about 4 decades. I do not believe that is going to be $150K, maybe $80K. Nice story but I would be concerned about seals, etc. after all that time.

BTW that is a weak add. 1 photo and a canned description.
lostreasure
Big time Porsche guys love originality- they dont give a hoot if it needs big $$ to get it to run they just love orig paint,low miles and one owner- it will be interesting
914Next
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Feb 26 2015, 08:47 PM) *

Big time Porsche guys love originality- they dont give a hoot if it needs big $$ to get it to run they just love orig paint,low miles and one owner- it will be interesting

No way that car will go for $80k. My vote is $105k
Mike Fitton
Easy 6 figure car!
PancakePorsche
+1 for 150K IMHO
Potentially one of the best original 6 cars worldwide if all claims are legit.
Cairo94507
OK, I can see that. I can't afford that, but I can see it. rolleyes.gif
sbsix
This six, according to the magazine story, is a documented low mileage original six. I would expect it to set the benchmark for current value & pricing. Very interested to see if it sells and what it sells for.
rick 918-S
If the auction draws the right crowd that will be an interesting day for all 914's. I was going to try to get one of our cars in the one of the "Big Name" auctions the weekend of the event and was insulted during the phone call by a know nothing plaid suit wearing car jockey. I guess a 914 doesn't hold enough value for these guys to be interested.

Hope that car gets every penny of 6 figures.
gereed75
While channel checking last night, I watched an episode of chasing Classic Cars and a thought came to me..... It is in the best interests of the auction houses to have lots of cars experiencing rapid appreciation. It is that appreciation that fuels their whole market. How much does that factor in to the "Amelia Island 914 featured car" initiative????

914's represent a relatively large pool of available cars, that here to for have been stagnant in price. If the market can be kicked in the ass to get them to begin to appreciate, that adds a bunch of volume to the marketplace, potential new fuel for the fire so to speak. And at a relatively low price point, it brings new potential buyers into the market that can't afford a multi million Ferrari or even a $150,000 911.

Wonder how much that market creation dynamic plays a part in the whole investor car scene??? Valid observation???.
tod914
Wow, that's a gem. Any more photos of it floating around the net? I only see one posted on the site link.
Gustl
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 1 2015, 03:39 AM) *

Wow, that's a gem. Any more photos of it floating around the net? I only see one posted on the site link.

here it is before restoration

Click to view attachment

Gustl
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 27 2015, 04:02 AM) *

Easy 6 figure car!

of course I can't judge the USA market for historic cars, but I can tell you, that the European market is kind of down these days

the RM Auction in Paris (February 4, 2015) reported that hardly any car met the estimate; lots of cars sold far below, lots of cars didn't even sell

so, I'm not so sure, if this 6 will meet the 6 ... idea.gif

KD914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 1 2015, 12:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 27 2015, 04:02 AM) *

Easy 6 figure car!

of course I can't judge the USA market for historic cars, but I can tell you, that the European market is kind of down these days

the RM Auction in Paris (February 4, 2015) reported that hardly any car met the estimate; lots of cars sold far below, lots of cars didn't even sell

so, I'm not so sure, if this 6 will meet the 6 ... idea.gif

Very interesting ... The listing from Hollywood Wheels states, "Factory Fuch Wheels", [Fuch, w/o an "s"?], which are shown on the car in their listing, but those aren't Fuch(s) wheels in the photo of it coming out of the barn ...
Tbrown4x4
The article was in Excellence. The original owner ordered it with steelies to keep the price down.

I find it hard to believe that a sales person would mis-represent something.
sixnotfour
Tangerine Scream is also listed....
http://hollywoodwheels.com/inventory/1970-porsche-914-6-2/
stevegm
I think this car is "Princess," the 914-6 that John Forbes of Black Forest Racing bought from the original owner's widow, IIRC.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(KD914 @ Mar 1 2015, 12:41 AM) *

"Factory Fuch Wheels", [Fuch, w/o an "s"?],

That is correct
914runnow
Did anyone follow up on the auction for the 6??
I did not see it in the auction catalouge..
Thanx Rx
Ferg
From what I understand it was pulled before the sale. Never made it to the auction block.

The orange GT

http://hollywoodwheels.com/inventory/1970-porsche-914-6-2/

was a no sale at 140k
KD914
Ferg is right, the "Survivor Six" was pulled before auction. I called Holloywood Wheels to inquire about it, and the next day they got back to me to say that it would not be auctioned. I heard on the "early911registry" site that the Hollywood Wheels auction was an amateur hour event. Porsches were way overvalued & many w/ high reserves resulting in a huge number of no sales. Apparently all the way around it was a total mess. No surprise, their website was not even complete w/ necessary auction info. They need to take notes from the big boys at RM & Bonhams. Even the name "Hollywood Wheels" is cheesy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.