Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car is done! Been a long 6 months
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I can't begin to tell you haw jacked I am. I get my car back finally tomorrow. Of course it is over the Cascade MTN's. It is supposed to snow some tonight & tomorrow. Which I'm still deciding how I want to bring it home. I may flat tow it back & take a shorter route. If I drive it back I'll be making a big loop up to I84 & through Portland just to stay out of the snow in the mtn range. If I drive over my AWD suv to flat tow. I may take a route through the mtn's. Still figuring that out. Not sure I want to trust it's maiden voyage to a good 6 hour drive right out of the box idea.gif

At this point I'm just so damn happy to be getting it back. I just want to drive over there right now evilgrin.gif
Gambusia
That looks really nice wub.gif wub.gif
mgp4591
It sounds like they've done a great job on it- I'd trust it and take the drive! driving.gif w00t.gif
malcolm2
Beauty. Congrats. driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
r_towle
Flat tow around the snow.
Don't risk it, don't get the car filthy.
JRust
Yeah I think I am going to make the long drive around. Although it may suck as I don't have my heater hooked up. Which will mean a cold drive home.
toon1
nice car!!!
Krieger
Looks really nice! Worth the wait.
r_towle
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 26 2015, 10:02 PM) *

Yeah I think I am going to make the long drive around. Although it may suck as I don't have my heater hooked up. Which will mean a cold drive home.

Again, flat tow it.
You won't need a second driver.....you will get home.
JRust
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 26 2015, 07:43 PM) *

Again, flat tow it.

That is my plan. Only downside is if it snows & they sand the roads. More crap to kick up on my car sad.gif . Still taking the long way around. So it will be 2 1/2 hours to bend from my house. Then like 4 1/2 on the way back to go up & around. I guess the bonus will be if driving over the mountain roads aren't to bad. I can come back the same way. If they are bad then I take the long way.

Oh yeah & bonus as I got my new center caps in the mail today. So they can go on my car when I get it tomorrow. Been without them since I got my 8x16's on all 4 corners. Sold my 7x16's with the caps.
speed metal army
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 26 2015, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 26 2015, 10:02 PM) *

Again, flat tow it.

Word. Wrecking before getting home sucks.. Ask me how I know headbang.gif
76-914
No time to be taking unnecessary chances, Jamie. Unless you don't mind waiting another 6 month's for more repairs. Get it home the safest way possible. beerchug.gif
Beeliner
Take it from some one in New England...snow sux!,[ barf.gif barf.gif

Go around, stop for a nice lunch... Report to the "Chick Magnet" thread if anything good happens. wub.gif

Oh, fabulous car!, beerchug.gif
Beeliner
Take it from some one in New England...snow sux!,[ barf.gif barf.gif

Go around, stop for a nice lunch... Report to the "Chick Magnet" thread if anything good happens. wub.gif

Oh, fabulous car!, beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 26 2015, 09:11 PM) *

No time to be taking unnecessary chances, Jamie. Unless you don't mind waiting another 6 month's for more repairs. Get it home the safest way possible. beerchug.gif

Yes sir I agree bring it home the safest way!!!
mgp4591
Everyone else is right, I was wrong. I just get excited when I see a finished project and have a hard time waiting for results! I do have a history of making bad decisions tho - I've been married twice... slap.gif
MoveQik
Looks like you are missing a jack cover plug......
mepstein
buy a heated seat cover. they run about $20 and will make the drive much more comfortable.
RazorbackFan78
agree.gif
Phoenix914
Your car looks great! Congratulations. smilie_pokal.gif

Whatever you do, make sure you get it home safely so you can driving.gif.

zambezi
I have heard wrapping the front end in saran wrap is a cheap easy to remove method of avoiding a bunch of crap collecting while towing. RVers do it a lot on their toads.
StratPlayer
Congrats Jamie, I hope the car is problem free for you for a long long time....Looking forward to seeing the car at the WCR.. beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Feb 27 2015, 09:20 AM) *

Congrats Jamie, I hope the car is problem free for you for a long long time....Looking forward to seeing the car at the WCR.. beerchug.gif

Thanks everyone! Sucks being at work as I want to be driving it right now. Having said that it is raining so I want it in my garage again. I'll be towing it home for sure. I took it over there with my flat tow kit & will bring it home the same way. Well not the same route I guess.

Please send clear road vibes my way evilgrin.gif
Congrats Jamie, the 73 looks really nice, if it drives half as good as it looks, it's awesome! driving.gif
relentless
Congratulations, I bet most of us have had to go through the long wait before we can get into our beloved 914's.

Unless you have an enclosed trailer I think you should try to avoid the snow as much as possible.

Oh, and no speeding!
raynekat
Do you have a build thread for this car?

It's beautiful.
somd914
Awesome... 914s like yours make me think of selling the 911 and putting the cash towards a nice wide body 914.
Mueller
Damn, that is one fine looking 914...I'll never be able to park mine next to that one!
steuspeed
Looks like a sunny week ahead for driving driving.gif

Mine is at the paintless dent remover for repair and detail.
JRust
Okay I bailed on going tonight. Long day at work & weather sucks. Didn't feel up to the whole drive tonight. So just heading over first thing in the morning.
wndsnd
Beautiful car.

I would think twice about the flat tow. If you do, wear protection!

John
Cairo94507
I hope you post some on the road pictures as you bring her home. Be safe and have fun.
JStroud
It'll be great to have your car back I'm sure....smart move waiting till morning, no sense taking unnecessary risks, plus now you'll have daylight.

Have a safe trip..post some pics
Hank914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 28 2015, 06:50 AM) *

I hope you post some on the road pictures as you bring her home. Be safe and have fun.

agree.gif

Post pics. Hopefully back home around now.

Or after a beer beer3.gif or two... beer3.gif beer3.gif
JRust
Couple from today. Pic with my first drive after so long. Plus one when I was leaving. There was snow in bend. After going through the mtns on the way over & even closer to bend. There were a lot of little rocks to help with traction. WAs not digging that at all so I was definitely not going home that way. I took the long way around which worked great. I literally had snow for like 5 miles then it was nice & clear the rest of the drive. Wish I had driven it home but I would have frozen my butt off. LOL! Anyway made it home with zero trouble. Detached it from my tow rig & hooked the battery up. Started it again & smiled while it warmed up some. Then promptly went into town to give it a quick bath to get all the road grime off. Man it's been so long but I think with the new ECU. It is pulling a little harder. Maybe the tune is a little better confused24.gif . Anyway could just be I haven't driven it in so long. IT puts a big ass smile on my face though. Long overdue piratenanner.gif

Plus I put my suby/vw sticker on. Thanks Kent
Beeliner
Wow, what a beautiful teener!!

beerchug.gif
rnellums
I can't get over how amazing your car looks!! So glad its back now!
Cairo94507
SWEET!
mgp4591
I don't think your grin can get any bigger- congratulations and looking forward to seeing it in person! first.gif
Larmo63
That looks like a "I wanna go break the speed limit" type of grin.
JRust
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 28 2015, 09:03 PM) *

That looks like a "I wanna go break the speed limit" type of grin.

I may have but only a bit. Didn't go open it up out of town. I'll be doing that tomorrow afternoon driving.gif

One more pic of it tucked into bed
nine9three
Way to go Jamie. I should be out of the garage tomorrow. Lets go for a ride! piratenanner.gif
JRust
QUOTE(nine9three @ Feb 28 2015, 09:19 PM) *

Way to go Jamie. I should be out of the garage tomorrow. Lets go for a ride! piratenanner.gif

I'm down may have to be semi short. We've got company but I think I'll bail for an hour or 2 after lunch.
PanelBilly
Home sweet home
74ravenna
Wow! It was worth the wait.

JRust
Went on a nice 2 hour drive this afternoon. A little cold out but it was nice to drive again. Nice country roads but nothing to twisty unfortunately. Idle is a little high so I've got to do a little tweaking. Still drove absolutely great. So happy to have my car back
saigon71
Your car looks great - congrats on getting her back!
Big Len
If you had to go without your car for a couple of seasons, your timimg was perfect as you're ready for spring. Enjoy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.