Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Are these shear bolts holding the switch to the dash?
Cairo94507
I am pretty sure they are.
Socalandy
YEP
altitude411
Did you buy Andy's camera? blink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Feb 28 2015, 10:41 PM) *

Did you buy Andy's camera? blink.gif

lol-2.gif cell phone
r_towle
Yes
type47fan
Hey Rick,

Here's a picture of the ignition switch I have. Notice the small hole in the bolt. It was drilled and used to back out the screw when the switch was removed from the dash.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
They are easily removed with a sharp chisel dug into the edge to rotate it counterclockwise.
They are still available..... or can be re-used by cutting a slot across the head with a hacksaw and tightening with a screwdriver.
Larry.Hubby
They also have a slot machined into the end of the screw so you can come in from the back with a small screwdriver and back the screw out.
rick 918-S
I was asked to make the piece that holds the switch to the dash. I pulled my face plate to take a look at the switch and noticed the shear bolts. Here's the plate I made.

Click to view attachment
type47fan

P/N 911.347.613.00

Thanks Rick!

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 1 2015, 05:42 PM) *

I was asked to make the piece that holds the switch to the dash. I pulled my face plate to take a look at the switch and noticed the shear bolts. Here's the plate I made.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.