Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Delrin pulley orientation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
What is the correct orientation of the aftermarket delrin clutch pulley? To me option 2 looks correct. When I get a chance I will look at the cable orientation to see which one makes more sense. The lip on the delrin is thicker on one side versus stock.
Option 1 with ridge on outside
Click to view attachment
Option 2 with ridge on the inside
Click to view attachment
Harpo
I didn't notice a difference on mine when I install it. My assumption is that it was not made accurately. However as long as nothing is binding it maybe just fine. One way to confirm would be to drive it around the block then remove and examine the pulley and cable for wear

David
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 1 2015, 11:56 AM) *

What is the correct orientation of the aftermarket delrin clutch pulley? To me option 2 looks correct. When I get a chance I will look at the cable orientation to see which one makes more sense. The lip on the delrin is thicker on one side versus stock.
Option 1 with ridge on outside
Click to view attachment
Option 2 with ridge on the inside
Click to view attachment

#2 is Correct.

The oem pulley has ridges on both sides. The grove is centered.

The delrin has the ridge on one side. Its still centered because one side is thicker (the same as a narrower pulley with ridges on both sides).

Need the ridge facing the carrier bracket otherwise it will rub when you tighten up the nut and not turn freely.
Steve
Awesome!! Thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.