Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I know this may seem silly... tongue.gif

But, what happens when you go to renew your tag and your insurance and your car has been converted from a -4 to -6?

For my insurance, they usually ask the manufacture, year of the car, and then the model. They have rates for a 1975 4 cylinder 1.8L in their database.

Same thing with our tag agency.

What's going to happen when I renew my insurance (obviously for more than it is now) and I renew my tag? Are they going to say... "We don't show a listing for a six-cylinder 914 in 1975!) blink.gif

I guess it's really no different than someone stuffing an 8-cylinder into their six-cylinder muscle car.

Has anyone with conversions had any problems or hassles with the "conversion" issue? hanged.gif

Thanks!
Joe Bob
Get it surveyed by an auto appraiser and then submit the results to the insurance company.

If you do not have a stated value policy, you should.....
campbellcj
Thanks for reminding me about that...I bet my 914 is way underinsured now. IIRC the big insurers pin a max value on a 914/4 of barely $4-5K (if you're lucky). I was very close to having my ravenna car "totaled" in what was really just a fender bender; no tub or mechanical damage at all. Scary.
krk
What mikez said. I use stated value on all my obscure P-cars. (ok, both of them -- it just sounds HUGE if you say "all" :-) )

mueba.gif

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.