Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CSOB Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Yes, I know a penny works but not so well on the light switch. A 3/4" OD washer with a 5mm slot works well.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DBCooper
You really are a CSOB. And proud of it, obviously.

Good job.

type47
smilie_pokal.gif reminds me of the story about someone needing to start their car by having to jump the solenoid terminal on the starter to the hot terminal on the starter (like using a screwdriver). They went looking for something to connect the two, like a remote starter switch or some such. Ed (Morrow?) took a quarter out of his pocket and jumped the two terminals and started the motor....
Socalandy
first.gif
Dave_Darling
I just used some needle-nose pliers. With the jaws open, you can stick the end of one in one part of the slot, and the end of the other in the other part of the slot.

Also works well for the "escutcheon" behind the engine lid knob, and the ones on the wife's 911's electric mirror adjuster.

--DD
76-914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 2 2015, 02:16 PM) *

I just used some needle-nose pliers. With the jaws open, you can stick the end of one in one part of the slot, and the end of the other in the other part of the slot.

Also works well for the "escutcheon" behind the engine lid knob, and the ones on the wife's 911's electric mirror adjuster.

--DD

I used to do it that way. In fact, if my big fat thumb wasn't in the way you could see the scratches to prove it. shades.gif
KELTY360
Hmm....that washer only costs me 1 penny at my local hardware store. You're getting ripped off!
Krieger
Nice work. Group buy?
Elliot Cannon
"Necessity is the Mother of yankee ingenuity". .... Plato 323bc
76-914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 2 2015, 04:55 PM) *

Hmm....that washer only costs me 1 penny at my local hardware store. You're getting ripped off!

I live in Southern CA and everything is twice as much! headbang.gif

QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 2 2015, 05:40 PM) *

Nice work. Group buy?

av-943.gif Nope. Although I made a few extras for my buddies.

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 2 2015, 06:58 PM) *

"Necessity is the Mother of yankee ingenuity". .... Plato 323bc

Ain't that the truth!
914Mike
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 2 2015, 05:55 PM) *

Must be old stock at old price? According to the vacuum salesman that sold us a vac in the '90's: He tossed a couple of pennies on the floor to show us how strong the vac was, said he "used to use washers, but they all cost more than a penny these days".

Oh, and that vac? Still working strong after 25 years!
Chris H.
For once I can help with a word.

Resourceful - adjective 1. able to deal skillfully and promptly with new situations, difficulties, etc.

Kent is resourceful as all get out. This is one of dozens of things he has thought of to improvise... And a damn fine welder BTW. You would never know my clutch plate has two "ears" welded on it. Looks like one smooth piece of metal. It's like 3/16" thick.
76-914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 3 2015, 09:07 AM) *

For once I can help with a word.

Resourceful - adjective 1. able to deal skillfully and promptly with new situations, difficulties, etc.

Kent is resourceful as all get out. This is one of dozens of things he has thought of to improvise... And a damn fine welder BTW. You would never know my clutch plate has two "ears" welded on it. Looks like one smooth piece of metal. It's like 3/16" thick.

Thx for the praise but grinding is done to HIDE ugly joints or to clearance for some reason. But on that note; since I've bought my new Miller helmet I no longer need to hide my welds. The difference in my welds is like nite n day. It makes a great deal of difference and I'd recommend a top quality helmet for all of our "old eyes". Within minutes of using a good helmet I was welding the "stack o dimes". In fact, the plate I just made for Mark's BB was ground on one side only because that side must be flat. It feels good to show welds rather than hide them. Mark or myself will post a thread here when we convert the BB. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.