Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ugmo report!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
It seems like it has been YEARS since I had anything of my own to post here!
Yesterday my wonderful wife Christine bought me a shiney new Optima for the Ugmo! I ripped out miles of PO "electrical en GIN ear ing", replaced the points and condenser and "jumped" across the fuel pump relay and turned the key!
IT FREAKING STARTED!!! The sound so foriegn to my ears that it quite frankly startled me!!
I am gaurdedly optimistic about this... I think I will have myself a progress thread!

woo hoo!
beer3.gif
red914
dude! clap.gif this means we need to track down some powder blue and some orange paint! mueba.gif WOOHOO!!!! monkeydance.gif
red914
i predict that when all the kewl kids see the soopersexy side scoop, they are all going to want one! screwy.gif
dinomium
Ya know Shane, you can HAVE the scoop, but you must also take the WING! they are a set! spank.gif rocking nana.gif
red914
if i had the wing, i'd have to get a mullet, too. and while that doesn't really bother me, susan is against it! laugh.gif
rhodyguy
you're half way to california dino.

k
dinomium
Well, did run for a while today. Shane was over to lend a hand. Now I think I am having injector trouble... Need to figure out how to clean the lil suckers!
Search on!!

red914
it was pretty kewl, listening to ugmo run on, what?, maybe 2 cylinders. i love the muffler, or rather lack of muffler! laugh.gif sounds like this ar15.gif

i proved to dino that i could read a flow chart. just don't let the electrons get near me! wacko.gif

listen to the force, dino; "use the carb, use the carb..."
ablose58
Kalifornia here ya come dino smilie_pokal.gif
dinomium
You must walk before you can run. One cannont run into running! I think we need some testing before the ex OH dust down south, Al...
I think is sounds more like a Huey chopper rather than a machine gun... I was able to get it running on 3 injectors before I called it a night. Also, once again big KUDOS and thanks to Paul "Brad Anders for his great flow charts... So good even Shane could read them wink.gif
BTW Shane, you forgot yer sidescoop and wing! Maybe you could trade Kevin the wing for his syncrometer!

happy11.gif
dinomium
Brad's site for great info on yer Djet!!
Thanks again Brad! pray.gif
ablose58
Hey Dino, good to see you are making progress smilie_pokal.gif Give me a shout iffin ya need a hand bud! AL
dinomium
Thanks, Al!
Baby stepping my way to the WCC!
red914
now that ugmo has sprked to life, we need to remove the indignity of that, that, that thing. the side scoop has to go sawzall-smiley.gif . and we can bury it, unceremoniously smash.gif , with that most ugly of wings. ugmo deserves so much better, now.

a great time was had listening to a long dormant engine cough to life.

like frankenstein..."live, damn you, live!"
dinomium
I swapped out an injector, and the FI brain and can now say that the UGMO is RUNNING! It starts every time now.
Next project is to mount the new Optima battery in the rear trunk and fix the PO bad wiring. He used speaker wire for everything! Tach, Fuel gauge and radio....
screwy.gif
red914
YAY!!! i only wish i could have been there for that, dino. maybe it runs becasue i wasn't there... dry.gif

now for some paint... no, wait, other things come first. how did it sound on all 4 cylinders? loud and awesome?

dude!!! mueba.gif monkeydance.gif
dinomium
This was a great weekend for the Ugmo!! I did get it running and even drove it! Well to the end of the driveway and back. Go to get the battery attached to the trunk!
I dont think I will be ready to run at Bremerton this weekend, but I might be able to show up in the worlds ugliest 914...
rhodyguy
now you're a bungee cord and a day or 2 with a pair of wire crimpers from california.

k
ablose58
Go, Dino, are you still going to do to ugmo like we discussed ,ie ,animal house biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dinomium
idea.gif
That or some other obnoxious paint sceme... If it doesn't make the trip south, I will pull it into the shop and give it a nice Do It yourself Gulf paint job...

Although I do like FLAMES!
dinomium
Ok I hate PO guy!! I know, everybody with a 914 has a PO story (well most of us!) but MINE oh boy. So the gauges are going all wonky, so I suspect a short... I pulled out the speedo and geuss wot I found? SPEAKER WIRE for both ground and hot leads going to ALL three units. Tach wire was just snipped!
Only 59 days to go? Not lookin good right now. Might need to call in some back ups!!!
ablose58
Go. dino!! I know that you can make it but if you need help give me a shout, AL
jones
My best vibe to UGMO has been projected.
dinomium
We actually had some smoke from the PO wiring behind the dash, no the eflashers on on all the time! biggrin.gif
I have the motor running well and is ready for timing and valve adjusting. I got the Battery mounted in the aft trunk, and most of the wiring sorted out.
I DROVE it on a real city street. I had to. Ugmo was blocking the garage and the new Pick up wants it's parking spot...
My wife was very proud that the car moved, stopped and shifted gears just like a real car! Now she wants to buy me a muffler!
HA!
I will post some pix later...
driving.gif
red914
that's it, dino; the side scoop comes off! UGMO has been reanimated, and no self respecting RUNNING teener deserves a side scoop. at least not that one. the ones on phil's blue V6 looked good. but then they were functional.

off with the scoop!
ablose58
monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.