Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sandwich plate hose route
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
I'd like to get the cooler installed by the time Hershey rolls around, I've looked at past threads but didn't see any definitive pics, and i'm wondering if it's necessary to use banjo fittings on the plate to make things fit (as suggested by an air cooled site) I'd like to go up through the tin then back to the cooler, but I'm open to any suggestions.

The banjo fittings seem to double the cost of the plate, and that's what works best, fine, if not, alternatives are gently appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
Dave_Darling
Here are pics of my setup:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1705443

--DD
Elliot Cannon
The sandwich plate I use has an integral thermostat. My routing is similar to Dave's. My cooler is mounted under the rear trunk on the left side. I used a 3 inch duct with a scoop in the rocker panel to direct air to the cooler.
Porschef
Elliot, I see yourenrunning headers, which leaves a lot more room. Dave, did you remove some of the heat plumbing? Looks like that may be necessary?

I'll need to get under the car this weekend, I was looking for a head start. More snow headed here tomorrow, so it'll be a while before she hits the road... sad.gif
Dave_Darling
I removed the passenger's side heater ducting to allow for the hose routing. Both the S-duct and J-tube were removed, though I think I kept the flapper valve.

If you go up from the sandwich plate, you'll get into the area of the stock oil cooler. I'm not sure how much room there is around there.

--DD
JimN73
Most sandwich plates without the built-in thermostat should work, most with the built-in thermostat will not. AirCooled.net has one with the thermostat that will work - expensive but maybe worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.