Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hb gear for sale or trade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
old914dog
Hb for sale for $400 or trade for O 4th gear.
matching numbers
second or flipped 5th
old914dog
Mark Henry
QUOTE(old914dog @ Mar 4 2015, 09:46 AM) *

Hb for sale for $400 or trade for O 4th gear.
matching numbers
second or flipped 5th
old914dog

Just an FYI but that is a H gear price, HB is good but it's not an H.
On the other end an O usually runs around $200
old914dog
Hb is 3.2 percent higher than an H. And about 2percent shorter than Ha. You are correct, it is not an H. I am still looking for an O fourth..
Help!!
davep
The O fourth is different than the O third and is a hard to find gear.
DblDog
I'm curious, what would be the difference between an O/third and an O/fourth? Position in the transmission?

QUOTE(davep @ Mar 6 2015, 09:28 PM) *

The O fourth is different than the O third and is a hard to find gear.

ajwans
O fourth & O third are different in that the fixed gear and the free gear are swapped. Basically the splines are on the small gear in one of the positions and on the large gear in the other position.

4 & 5 have the splines on the same gear, and are interchangeable. I think I read in an Elford book that for a rally where they were wearing out the fourth gear they put the same ratio into the 5th position and used that after the fourth was gone.

andy
old914dog
QUOTE(ajwans @ Mar 10 2015, 02:11 PM) *

O fourth & O third are different in that the fixed gear and the free gear are swapped. Basically the splines are on the small gear in one of the positions and on the large gear in the other position.

4 & 5 have the splines on the same gear, and are interchangeable. I think I read in an Elford book that for a rally where they were wearing out the fourth gear they put the same ratio into the 5th position and used that after the fourth was gone.

andy

I had to learn the difference the "wrong" way!! I purchased an O that was not an O for fourth!! Thanks gents
I am still looking for the fourth O.
I have M, Y, Z, Hb and some other odds and ends to trade. Also a set of 48 IDA webers(Italian) for trade!!
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(old914dog @ Mar 10 2015, 05:57 PM) *

andy

I had to learn the difference the "wrong" way!! I purchased an O that was not an O for fourth!! Thanks gents
I have M, Y, Z, Hb and some other odds and ends to trade. Also a set of 48 IDA webers(Italian) for trade!!

Is this H set a 32/19 tooth?
Luke M
QUOTE(vinniedatorch @ Mar 13 2015, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(old914dog @ Mar 10 2015, 05:57 PM) *

andy

Is this H set a 32/19 tooth?

The top of his ad : " Hb gear for sale or trade, 19/31 Hb gear "
Mark Henry
The trans for my 6 conversion has A, F, O, X, Hb smile.gif
old914dog
bump
Help find that O set
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.