Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Offset 5 Lug Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tnchris
So I have recently sold a 914 project and am getting it ready for shipment. My problem is that I have no wheels. It is a 5 lug car and is narrow body. I am having the hardest time trying to find some early offset rollers and I am wondering if I could fit late offset wheels. The car doesn't have the brake calipers on it but I'm not sure on rubbing. Also, if someone has some Early Offset rollers they are wanting to part with, I would be very interested if they are in the southeast (I'm in Chattanooga, TN but I can travel a little.)
rgalla9146
Any wheel, steel or alloy, that fits a 911 bolt pattern is going to cost you.
Ask the buyer if he might have wheels.
tnchris
I am the seller. I'm fine buying some but I have been having a really hard time finding some early offset cookie cutters or phone dials, but I can find late offset phone dials, sewer lids, and other late offset wheels a little easier.
mepstein
Buy 4 spare wheels. Spares from a 944 should be about $50/each
bandjoey
Thesamba usually has some cheap steels for sale too
69telecaster
I've made rollers from 3/4" plywood.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(tnchris @ Mar 4 2015, 09:01 AM) *

So I have recently sold a 914 project and am getting it ready for shipment. My problem is that I have no wheels. It is a 5 lug car and is narrow body. I am having the hardest time trying to find some early offset rollers and I am wondering if I could fit late offset wheels. The car doesn't have the brake calipers on it but I'm not sure on rubbing. Also, if someone has some Early Offset rollers they are wanting to part with, I would be very interested if they are in the southeast (I'm in Chattanooga, TN but I can travel a little.)

Ha! I grew up in Chattanooga! Your best bet is probably some Cookie Cutter wheels. They're usually the least expensive 5 lug you can find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.