Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puzzled Im a newbie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I would like some help identifying these components. if anyone can take the time to help me out.

Thanks

IPB Image
Bob L.
#1 outside air temp sensor, (not positive on this one but pretty sure)

#2 Auxiliary air regulator-- allows extra air into the engine to assist cold starts.

#3 Cold start injector-- Adds extra fuel for cold starts

#4 Plenum air temp sensor.

Oh yeah... welcome.png
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Mar 4 2015, 02:18 PM) *

#1 outside air temp sensor, (not positive on this one but pretty sure)

#2 Auxiliary air regulator-- allows extra air into the engine to assist cold starts.

#3 Cold start injector-- Adds extra fuel for cold starts

#4 Plenum air temp sensor.

Oh yeah... welcome.png

Thanks Bob
Dave_Darling
1 = Thermo-Time Switch. It's actually just a thermo switch on the pre-75 cars, but we still call it the TTS. It provides the ground for the cold-start valve, but only when the sensor is "cold enough". (Below 40F? 32F?)

2 = Auxiliary Air Regulator, or AAR. Keeps the idle from going too low when the engine is cold, by letting air go through it. Closes up when the engine warms up or when the heating element in the bottom of it warms up.

3 = Cold-Start Valve, CSV. Adds extra fuel into the manifold while the starter is cranking, if the TTS says it's cold enough.

4 = Intake Air Temp Sensor, or Temp Sensor I, or TSI. Tells the FI how warm or cool the air in the manifold is; colder air is denser and results in more fuel being injected.

You can read more about the way this system works here: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders .

--DD
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 4 2015, 02:23 PM) *

1 = Thermo-Time Switch. It's actually just a thermo switch on the pre-75 cars, but we still call it the TTS. It provides the ground for the cold-start valve, but only when the sensor is "cold enough". (Below 40F? 32F?)

2 = Auxiliary Air Regulator, or AAR. Keeps the idle from going too low when the engine is cold, by letting air go through it. Closes up when the engine warms up or when the heating element in the bottom of it warms up.

3 = Cold-Start Valve, CSV. Adds extra fuel into the manifold while the starter is cranking, if the TTS says it's cold enough.

4 = Intake Air Temp Sensor, or Temp Sensor I, or TSI. Tells the FI how warm or cool the air in the manifold is; colder air is denser and results in more fuel being injected.

You can read more about the way this system works here: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders .

--DD

Thanks Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.