Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFW Get Together - March 10th at 7:00 PM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I know some of you have not read the thread on the Eric Shea cross country tour, so I wanted to plug the Dallas get together here.

These two Idiots adventurous souls are driving from California all the way to Jacksonville Florida for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.

Eric and Jaime are going to be in Dallas on March 10th at 7PM at the Gas Monkey Grill.

Gas Monkey Bar and Grill

10261 Technology Blvd E, Dallas, TX 75220

Map Located here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gas+Monke...1c2c26772056b41

I hope everyone makes time to show up. Bring your 914. Jamie is a professional videographer who turned down a job at Jay Leno's garage to make a documentary about this trip. If you show up, maybe you will get in the video!

Let's see if we can run all the non 914 people out of the place!

Grelber
Damn, wish I could be there, but I'll be working out of state that week.
TheCabinetmaker
Hmm, I could do this. In the 914.
02loftsmoor
I think I can make it, the 914 is on jack stands
sb914
AAA shades.gif
bandjoey
Planning to b there. Wes stop over in Bedford and we'll take my 914 if u want. Pm me
aharder
Bummed..... I will be out of town
eyesright
Hmmm,...about 3 hours for me from SW Oklahoma, but I just may show up. Thanks for the heads up.
oldschool
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 4 2015, 07:48 PM) *

I know some of you have not read the thread on the Eric Shea cross country tour, so I wanted to plug the Dallas get together here.

These two Idiots adventurous souls are driving from California all the way to Jacksonville Florida for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.

Eric and Jaime are going to be in Dallas on March 10th at 7PM at the Gas Monkey Grill.

Gas Monkey Bar and Grill

I hope everyone makes time to show up. Bring your 914. Jamie is a professional videographer who turned down a job at Jay Leno's garage to make a documentary about this trip. If you show up, maybe you will get in the video!

lol-2.gif( JAIME )you did get it right the first time av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
I think this will be our longest day and... we're running against the clock.

No doubt we'll pull right up to the restaurant before hitting a hotel.

We're in California now. Looking at the backside of the San Bernadino range.

See y'all soon!
Cody914
I should be able to make it too, but I won't be in the 914. Still gotta put the engine back in it after replacing my oil cooler, and install the new master cylinder I got from Eric. biggrin.gif

Drive safe guys, looking forward to seeing everyone!
theleschyouknow
I'm going to try & make it odds look good at this point & I'll probably take my 914!
MJHanna
Clay put me down I'm going to be a litttle late but will be there by 7:30- at the latest

Mark
abnrdo
I wish I could make it, but I have to work that night. dry.gif
bandjoey
Still have an empty seat in the tenner from Bedford if anyone wants to ride along.
fixer34
Good luck and 'happy trails' to the adventurous souls. I'll miss you by about 6 hours. Flying into Love Field from Chicago, then driving 4 hours to 'nowhere' in SW Texas (not in a teener though..) for business.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 5 2015, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 4 2015, 07:48 PM) *

Gas Monkey Bar and Grill

lol-2.gif( JAIME )you did get it right the first time av-943.gif

Damn autocorrect...... I thought I fixed it both times. Guess it was only one time.

headbang.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 5 2015, 08:46 AM) *

And what is stopping you?

914forme
Eric,
DFW guys are a great bunch to meet up with. your in good hands that night beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 8 2015, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 5 2015, 08:46 AM) *

And what is stopping you?

As of Friday, an appt at the urologist. Gotta have another surgery.
theleschyouknow
Bill & Clay when are y'all heading out of the mid cities? maybe we can convoy
looks like I'll have an empty seat, too -if anybody in fw wants a ride
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Mar 8 2015, 08:57 PM) *

We are taking both 914s to the event, so we will have two empty seats.

It is 30 minutes from my house to Gas Monkey Bar and Grill. So We will leave by 6 and we can be there a little early. We can hang out in the bar or whatever.

Where do you want to meet?
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 8 2015, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Mar 8 2015, 08:57 PM) *

We are taking both 914s to the event, so we will have two empty seats.

It is 30 minutes from my house to Gas Monkey Bar and Grill. So We will leave by 6 and we can be there a little early. We can hang out in the bar or whatever.

Where do you want to meet?

I'm coming from either downtown or SW Fort Worth so I'll head your way on 183.
are you east or west of 360? where's a convenient spot to meet at 6? - 7-11 at euless main st and 183? or anywhere
cjl
bandjoey
How bout 7-11 on Brown Trail at 183? Across the highway from LD Bell Highschool. Easy off and back on?? 6pm?
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 9 2015, 09:17 AM) *

How bout 7-11 on Brown Trail at 183? Across the highway from LD Bell Highschool. Easy off and back on?? 6pm?

works for me
see ya there at 6 unless I hear different
cjl
eyesright
Dang it!

I wanted to show photos of my PMB brakes on the -6 conversion....Y'all have fun

But I'll be at Talamina.
ClayPerrine
We will meet y'all at 7-11 on Brown Trail at 183? Across the highway from LD Bell Highschool at 6pm.
stevegm
Eric and Jamie are on their way to Texas - http://fourteenermotoring.com/2015/03/10/9...perience-day-3/
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 5 2015, 11:14 AM) *

Planning to b there. Wes stop over in Bedford and we'll take my 914 if u want. Pm me

I have to take my sister to Dallas Love to Fly out for a 6:20 flight. darn it, missed a 914 ride

But I will be there!
Thoward914
Robyn and I will be there in her modern water cooled 914 know as a 986. driving-girl.gif And yes Clay, I know if I had put the parts you gave me on my 914 I could of drove it. And if I had put the calipers I got from Eric on it, it would stop better. driving.gif
Rob-O
Sorry I'm missing it. Been sick the last 5 days and thought I'd be over it by now...
ClayPerrine
I want to thank everyone who showed up. It was a really great turnout, and we got to see people we haven't seen in years, plus make some new friends.

We need to do this more often.

And remember, The Talimena Tax Evasion Tour is coming up in April. So get your 914 ready!

theleschyouknow
yep a great turnout enjoyed meeting seeing & chatting with everyone
loved the 914 convoy eastbound on 183
safe travels over the next half of the country for the coast to coast guys & see y'all in talihina for locals
02loftsmoor
From The Gas monkey Grill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.