Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
My Speedometer is about 10 mph off. Speedometer reads 60 mph when the correct speed is 50mph. Is there a way to adjust it or must it be sent out? smash.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Mar 5 2015, 04:15 AM) *

My Speedometer is about 10 mph off. Speedometer reads 60 mph when the correct speed is 50mph. Is there a way to adjust it or must it be sent out? smash.gif

I just went through this, except mine read lower than actual by 10. I ended up sending it to North Hollywood Speedometer. It turned out that the bearing the needle rode n needed replacement. Don't know if this works but you can call NHS and get an idea. They are friendly and will guide you.

Owners is Helmut Behrens 818-761-5136 and email: info@nhspeedometer.com

Good luck smile.gif
struckn
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Mar 5 2015, 04:15 AM) *

I have the same problem and I'm pretty sure it is due to change in tire sizes. So my fix was to add a GPS which will indicate actual Speed. It's nice to have to Navigate with also. I've also used an App in my cell phone which has a Digital Speedometer that works well.
bandjoey
Free gps apps for smartphones works too at a 914 price...free
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.