Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you want free money for your 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
$1000
piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

I don't think so... dry.gif
JRust
WTF.gif . I think you need to find their headquarters & do a nice burnout in front happy11.gif
Rocky
Totally agree! dead horse.gif the return of Jerry Brown town...
Cairo94507
SCREW THEM!
Erben914
Thanks for your address Mike! piratenanner.gif
Just kidding but you knever know what kind of sick people are out there on the net.
euro911
Wow ... I can get a whole grand for my car? laugh.gif

Some of you may be old enough to remember Governor 'Moonbeam's monetary stake in the NOx systems that we had to retrofit on our cars. All the nice kickbacks from the manufacturers just made him wealthier.

He can kiss mine bootyshake.gif again.
Cuda911
I got a $1,000 offer from the Air Resources Board too, but they are giving me the car back after a few weeks, and giving a loaner while they have it.

I may take 'em up on this.

The state sure is being wild and carefree with respect to passing out $1,000 checks. Good to know why I pay so much tax.

Larmo63
He was a retard as governor before, but the people of California are so effing stupid that they recycled him back into the governorship again.

Can we get another Reagan anytime soon?
PotterPorsche
Mike a just got a similar letter for my restored black convertible karmann ghia.

What a joke. How many good cars may go missing over this.
Cairo94507
I confess that I am 99 out of a 100 times embarrassed to be a native Californian. They elected this idiot again! The things I put up with just so my Six won't have to see snow. lol-2.gif
ndfrigi
A running car, registered and passed smog? Then pays you 1K and they will scrap it? Or they will just resell it to earn more from that car since it is running and did passed the smog test/check.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 6 2015, 09:41 PM) *

He was a retard as governor before, but the people of California are so effing stupid that they recycled him back into the governorship again.

Can we get another Reagan anytime soon?

popcorn[1].gif IBTL
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 7 2015, 07:46 AM) *

A running car, registered and passed smog? Then pays you 1K and they will scrap it? Or they will just resell it to earn more from that car since it is running and did passed the smog test/check.

I've seen some of these cars at the scrap yard. They will not let you buy the drivetrain or the shell. They paint the parts "not for sale".
Tom_T
Dang SCAQMD "smog police" are the same way ... & that's why they've banned most all wood burning fireplaces in homes & beach bonfires down south here!

Like anybody is going to light their fireplace when we have any sort of smog alert - which is pretty rare in the last 2 decades, since it's always in HOT weather!

The problem is that the AQMDs' staff run the boards, & the board members are appointed & not elected, so you can't even vote them out for stupidity on dumb ideas! mad.gif
EdwardBlume
The real insult is that a stock 2.0 gets 30 mpg or so and isn't nearly as bad a polluter as most cars.

The real con is that they want you to buy a new car and pay sales tax.

I just got rid of my 99 Expedition. PnP offered $250 but directed me to the board even though I had a '99.

If its not political (revenue generating) enough, there a little redistribution thrown in:

The Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) is administered by the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) and is designed to help improve California's air quality. Through CAP, a consumer may retire a qualified vehicle and receive $1,000 or $1,500 if the consumer meets low income eligibility guidelines.

I know, I know, I can leave. type.gif
DBCooper
Correction, it's not "free" money, it costs you a 914.

QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 7 2015, 11:13 AM) *

So how is that a "con"? For the state it's close to break-even and cleans up the air, which is the objective. Easy to see that as legitimately "fiscally prudent." Whatever, otherwise a good program from a good governor. I moved here from Texas, so understand that "good" as an adjective is a relative term.

IBTL happy11.gif

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 7 2015, 11:19 AM) *

Correction, it's not "free" money, it costs you a 914.

QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 7 2015, 11:13 AM) *

So how is that a "con"? For the state it's close to break-even and cleans up the air, which is the objective. Whatever, otherwise a good program from a good governor. I moved here from Texas, so understand that "good" as an adjective is a relative term.

"They've got you coming in, they've got you coming out, same amount, in and out"

How exactly is charging me 9% sales tax on a $30K car breaking even to clean the air? Is there a CA Dyson vacuum flying through the air at night? I must have missed it. Then again, if breaking even is spending every dime year after year, you would be correct.

Sales tax is revenue. When people buy more cars at higher prices, new or used - CA wins. If everyone kept and repaired their cars not so much. For sales tax to work, you need people spending. Cars are big ticket items so that's what these programs are for. Get you out of your old car, into a newer one, CA wins.

I met the CA Air Resource Board Chair, interesting fellow. We talked about the various polluters in CA. The top 2 unregulated ones are cows and foreign tankers. Wildfires do a bit of damage as well. I know I tear up for the environment when a cow farts.

I've met our good governor personally. First was at an invitation only investment club for high net worth investors, the second in Sac while he was AG and pointing out that CA has > 70,000 laws which are impossible to enforce. Like Mel Brooks once said, its good to be the king.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.