Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sail panel trim removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
ok i got the phillips screw at the top out but it doesnt seem to want to let go.
Hows the clip or attachment to the bottom edge ?
I dont want to break it.
cn2800
I had the same question. Turns out it's an 8mm nut on the upper inside of the rear fender. It is likely hidden beneath a few layers of undercoating and muck. I don't know if you can get to it at all without removing the rear wheel. These photos show what you're dealing with:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Don't forget that at the top (the phillips screw) there's a plastic barrel spacer between the trim and the body. It's there to prevent over-tightening the screw and bending the trim. Don't loose it when you finally remove the trim. Or if you loose it, don't forget to make/buy another one before you reinstall the trim.
got914?
Thanks.
Exactly what I was looking for.
stugray
I just did this the other day too.

I needed a 8mm 1/4"-drive deep socket.
I also had to get the wheels off, get up in there with a wire brush and some WD-40 to clear all the undercoating and rust first.

BTW - if you are in the mood for a turretts laden moment (or two hours), just try to get the little plastic clip/disks off of the engine cover end pieces shown missing in the pictures above while having a bad back....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.