Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decel valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I have almost finished rebuilding my 75 2.0 engine.
Unfortunately I cant remember where the decel valve should be mounted, I have a vague memory that it was together with the MPS in the engine bay?

Anyhow does the valve need to be oriented in a certain way? I am considering mounting it on the bracket on the air intake pipes for cylinders 3/4 which had some of the original smog stuff on it.

Thanks

IPB Image
boxsterfan
Mounts on the engine bay wall with the MPS right near the battery.
Dave_Darling
Yup, in stock form it mounts to one of the bolts holding the MPS onto the little bracket on the side of the engine bay.

The orientation does not matter, as far as I can tell. You can put it on the tin if you like. The vibration might have some effect on the diaphragm inside (it does if you rest the MPS node-down on the engine, I know!!) so I think I'd probably put it in the stock location if I had a choice.

--DD
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 8 2015, 01:45 PM) *

Yup, in stock form it mounts to one of the bolts holding the MPS onto the little bracket on the side of the engine bay.

The orientation does not matter, as far as I can tell. You can put it on the tin if you like. The vibration might have some effect on the diaphragm inside (it does if you rest the MPS node-down on the engine, I know!!) so I think I'd probably put it in the stock location if I had a choice.

--DD

Thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.