Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back In The Game
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gfg3
It took 40 yrs from the time I sold my first 914, but I'm back in this crazy game. John Forbes of Black Forest Racing just dropped off my new (to me) '75 1.8 upgraded to 2.0 specs, dealer installed air and lots of upgrades. Anyone in the Roanoke/Lynchburg area of southern VA who wants to commiserate with my, feel free to PM me.

This car is already in the VIN registry, but I'll update it once I figure out how to do that.

George

Click to view attachment
DBCooper
Pretty car. I see an engine hoist in the background, but no jackstands?

stevegm
I saw this car at John's. Very nice. I'm jealous.
gfg3
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 8 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Pretty car. I see an engine hoist in the background, but no jackstands?

Hoist is for my TBird restoration. Many jackstands, all out of the picture.

George
wndsrfr
What a beautiful car.....love those perfect gaps along the frunk & headlights....classic.
driving.gif
Big Len
Nice car......bring ti to Hershey.
76-914
Congrats and welcome back into the Fold. welcome.png
Mueller
Welcome back....damn, 40 years?

I'm back after only 7 years of no 914 ownership!

Nice looking car by the way...
gfg3
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 9 2015, 12:35 PM) *

What can I say? Marriage, kids, grandkids, Mustang restoration, TBird restoration, Mitsubishi Galant VR4 rally car, VW Scirocco gymkhana car. So many toys....so little time. Sure is nice to be back behind the wheel of a 914 though; many incredible memories. And amazingly, I still fit in it!

George
bcheney
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Mar 9 2015, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 9 2015, 12:35 PM) *

What can I say? Marriage, kids, grandkids, Mustang restoration, TBird restoration, Mitsubishi Galant VR4 rally car, VW Scirocco gymkhana car. So many toys....so little time. Sure is nice to be back behind the wheel of a 914 though; many incredible memories. And amazingly, I still fit in it!

George

Congrats Gerorge and welcome home...I to have a yellow 914....its a 75 2.0 that I converted to 2.2 six cylinder...the funny thing is that my very first car was a VW 1975 Scirocco! The world is small and many of us car guys travel many of the same roads. The car you just picked up looks beautiful! Here is a shot of mine.
turk22
Congrats and welcome back to the madness George!

I only went about 25 years between my first and second 914, so you got me beat.

beer.gif
gfg3
Thanks for the encouragement folks. You all have some really, really nice teeners. Interesting story....yesterday my neighbor wandered over while I was putting my new plates on the car, and after the usual "isn't it pretty" formalities (the car, not me) he asked whether it was a new (i.e., 2015) car! He's more of a boat guy than a car guy (obviously), but it just goes to prove how timeless the 914 design is.

George
era vulgaris
Congrats on the purchase! I also saw this car in person at Black Forest Racing, and can attest to the fact that it is pristine. Happy driving! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.