Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Cluster bushing diameter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Looking to order some material to make a set of custom pedal cluster bushings, and since I don't have my pedal cluster apart yet, would someone be so kind as to measure the largest diameter piece of a pedal cluster bushing for me? I'm assuming that the flange on the clutch pedal main bushing is the largest diameter, but I just need a nominal dimension.

Thanks,
Ethan
luskesq
If no one jumps in with the dimensions I can get that to you tomorrow Ethan. The kits come with a total of 6 bushings plus the roll pin. I recently got a kit from Pelican (no affiliation) part # 10 1792 423 for $20.84 with shipping. I have a metal lathe and could have made them but figured for the $ it was worth it.

Keith
'73-914kid
Thanks Kieth, that would be great.

I'm playing with some other materials that I think will work better than the Silicon bronze that they are currently made out of. After all the miles on my rebuilt pedal cluster, the bushings are now wearing out..
luskesq
Ethan, in metric, the large bushings measure 26.87 OD, at the shoulder 30.06. Shoulder is 2.54 thick. ID is 21.87. Overall length with shoulder is 12.72. Thickness of bushing (od – id) excluding shoulder) is 2.39.

Hope that makes some sense and hope it helps. Have fun and good luck and let me know if you need anything further.

Keith
76-914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Mar 9 2015, 02:41 PM) *

Thanks Kieth, that would be great.

I'm playing with some other materials that I think will work better than the Silicon bronze that they are currently made out of. After all the miles on my rebuilt pedal cluster, the bushings are now wearing out..

When you pull it apart, look at your old brass bushings when you remove them. Is it just the outer portion (OD) of your bushings that's worn? Or, is the left one worn more than the right one? I'd like to see the wear pattern. popcorn[1].gif
'73-914kid
Keith, thank you so much. Those are exactly what I was looking for.

And will do Kent. There;s very obvious radial play with the clutch pedal in particular. Iwill let you know.
bdstone914
I have torn down hundreds of pedal sets and the only bushing that wears is the smallest bushing in the clutch shaft. Even the larger plastic bushings do not wear. I would suspect you have another problem. If you want to borrow a spare set of parts to make your own bushings i can get you a set. The bronze bushings vary in size by manufacturer. You should design them to the parts to which they fit not copy what has been made by others. Don't Chinese engineer it. Improvements to the bushings in my opinion would be to make the accelerator crank bushings longer to reduce side to side wobble. And adapt a bearing in place of the clutch shaft bushing. The wear is worse on 911 pedals with a longer arm. I have seen them wear through the bushing and completely the arm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.