Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shirts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
kid914
Cam across this these shirts. Does anyone know who makes them and where to find?
thankx
They were part of a group buy some 4 years ago. I believe the shirts where bought in bulk with PORSCHE and Logo already there and the 914 and Username were added. IIRC for an older fart??

The PORSCHE on the back was a little off center...
Mike Bellis
We need this group buy again. I need new shirts... biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(kid914 @ Mar 9 2015, 03:21 PM) *

Cam across this these shirts. Does anyone know who makes them and where to find?
thankx

The answer is embroidered on the sleeves. splat.gif

SoCalAndy gave me the one I have. I am not sure if he originated the group buy.
Send him a PM. (He is the chase vehicle / camera car for Eric's Coast to Coast adventure.)

Sleepin might also have been the one to set up the deal. (He likes to do that kind of thing.)
Try sending him a PM also. He probably knows where to get them done.
stevegm
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 9 2015, 10:46 PM) *

I'll be happy to handle it if you all want. My best friend owns a company that does embroidery. Or, if someone else does them, I'll take one.
R8CERX
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 9 2015, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 9 2015, 10:46 PM) *

I'll be happy to handle it if you all want. My best friend owns a company that does embroidery. Or, if someone else does them, I'll take one.

I AM IN!!!
infraredcalvin
Interested...
KELTY360
I think those were offered in conjunction with a Red Rocks Classic awhile back. Maybe 2011?
SLITS
Atomic Ramble 2007
AndyB
In for Two if this happens
sb914
I'd be in.
stevegm
QUOTE(kid914 @ Mar 9 2015, 07:21 PM) *

thankx

Kid914, would you be willing to send me one of the shirts to borrow? That way I could replicate the look, feel, etc. I'd send it back after a couple week. Promise.
kid914
Sorry Steve
I'm looking for one myself.. confused24.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(kid914 @ Mar 10 2015, 09:46 AM) *

Sorry Steve
I'm looking for one myself.. confused24.gif

Anybody have one of these shirts left that we could borrow to replicate?
tumamilhem
I am in for one.
SLITS
I have one or two, complete with body odor biggrin.gif

PM me your address.

Ron
AndyB
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 10 2015, 10:45 AM) *

PM me your address.

Ron

icon8.gif Seriously thanks Slits. Not sure how I missed that first run.
AndyB

PM me your address.

Ron

CptTripps
I'm in for another GB.
SLITS
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Mar 10 2015, 07:51 AM) *

PM me your address.

Ron

You missed it because they were part and parcel of the Atomic Ramble in 2007... Turtle Mountain Brewing, Albuquerque, NM... Best 3 day drunk I've ever attended. It was a Joe O' (series9) design as I remember. Dickey work shirts with embroidery, personalized for attendees.

This is where the trouble began .......

IPB Image
cary
I'd be in for a couple.
AndyB
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 10 2015, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Mar 10 2015, 07:51 AM) *

PM me your address.

Ron

You missed it because they were part and parcel of the Atomic Ramble in 2007... Turtle Mountain Brewing, Albuquerque, NM... Best 3 day drunk I've ever attended. It was a Joe O' (series9) design as I remember. Dickey work shirts with embroidery, personalized for attendees.

This is where the trouble began .......

IPB Image

Yeah now I see how I missed it I was over seas. Thanks Slits
madmax914
Count me in for at least one.
G e o r g e
Slits has a good memory, but the shirts pictured in the 1st post are not from that event.

SocalAndy and Sleepin were not there.

shirt thread
stevegm

PM me your address.

Ron

Address sent.
warrenoliver
I'm in for two if this ever happens aktion035.gif
budk
I'm in for 2 again and I can supply my shirt as a guide if necessary. They are really nice shirts and it has held up great for 4 years. Mine is still as black as the day I got it..... no fading.
Olympic 914
Great find, I would be in for a couple of these if someone puts it together.
stevegm
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 10 2015, 01:42 PM) *

Slits has a good memory, but the shirts pictured in the 1st post are not from that event.

SocalAndy and Sleepin were not there.

shirt thread

Good find. I think SLITS is sending me his shirt to use to replicate them. I will check with SoCalAndy (he will be at Amelia this weekend) to make sure he doesn't want to do them again before I proceed. But, one way or another we will get them done.
kid914
Sorry Steve.
What have I done? headbang.gif lol
beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
Steve,

A. why replicate?

B. Andy used Kennedy as they have P's approval on the logo and Font and use of name.

C. I would hold a contest and have submissions then a vote, then modify what ever is chosen to your desire then produce. If you build it they will buy....

stevegm
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 10 2015, 03:57 PM) *

Steve,

A. why replicate?

B. Andy used Kennedy as they have P's approval on the logo and Font and use of name.

C. I would hold a contest and have submissions then a vote, then modify what ever is chosen to your desire then produce. If you build it they will buy....

Very good point. But, I think we should ask Andy if he wants to handle it again, first. If not, I will gladly handle it (I love to do clothing - I am getting ready to do a Save the 914 Polo and hat). I PM'd him, and will report back when I hear back from him. He is on the road - in Texas? - with Eric and Jamie.
somd914
Count me in if it happens!
Big Len
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 10 2015, 02:57 PM) *

Steve,

A. why replicate?

Do you really want to have another design contest? Think of the grill badge debate.
stevegm
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 10 2015, 05:14 PM) *

Steve,

A. why replicate?

Do you really want to have another design contest? Think of the grill badge debate.

Ya, good point. I can put out a design (that is real close, if not the same, to the original) that everyone would like I think.
somd914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 10 2015, 05:21 PM) *

Ya, good point. I can put out a design (that is real close, if not the same, to the original) that everyone would like I think.

That's what you think... ar15.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(somd914 @ Mar 10 2015, 05:26 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 10 2015, 05:21 PM) *

That's what you think... ar15.gif

Ok, ok. headbang.gif
somd914
But I'm sure most of us will like your design piratenanner.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 10 2015, 02:14 PM) *

Steve,

A. why replicate?

Just to clarify, I was being sarcastic... no poll needed

but it would be cool to add " sponsors" logos like the RRC shirt had...maybe even the World logo, if approved...

YMMV
kid914
any updates? I would be in for something close to the original.
stevegm
QUOTE(kid914 @ Apr 14 2015, 07:46 PM) *

any updates? I would be in for something close to the original.

A friend of mine owns an embroidery business. I quoted it out and it was pretty high. Like $60 a shirt (including the shirt) with all the embroidery.
wes

When you consider the time hand done probably worth it but that may thin the crowed.
kid914
are these still a go? just asking.
ConeDodger
SoCal Andy handled this the first go-round. Mine is great! first.gif
kid914
Been awhile since I asked.......any updates on these?
oldschool
QUOTE(kid914 @ Jul 17 2015, 08:05 PM) *

Been awhile since I asked.......any updates on these?

I can ask Andy whats up.... confused24.gif
cary
I'd be in for a couple. I saw Mark's (914Rubber) at a PDX get together.
Pretty sharp.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 10 2015, 02:14 PM) *

Steve,

A. why replicate?

Oh dear God run away from that!
Mikey914
These were such a good buy you couldn't not buy one. I bought 2.

The real issue is the company who's name is on the shirt. Being able to by an officially sanctioned shirt, and it was a Carhart if I remember correctly (too lazy to go open the drawer). Very high quality shirt, the shirt alone was worth it.

Without the logo being licensed this is a real potential problem.

carr914
Contact Patrick - he is licensed to do the Porsche Script & Name

kennedyracewear@yahoo.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.