Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's going to Sebring for the 12 Hours?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I stopped by the track a few weeks ago and several cars were testing...

Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
I'm getting there Thursday after work and will besetting up Camp URY somewhere around the Skip Barber fence. It seems to be a good central location. During the day I'll be walking and shooting photos.

Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
I'll be there Thursday Paul. Will be working part of the weekend with the SCCA (non-painted man). You have my number?
Zimms
I'll be there Thursday thru the race finish. We are on the outside of T1 just at the end of the safety fence. I think spots 129 wish. There will be a black TDI wagon with GA plates on it next to the RV. I'll be walking around a lot as well.
carr914
I am not planning to go (unless someone has a Free Ticket & Beer drunk.gif ) as I am Racing with Patrick Long, Andy Lally, Patrick Dempsey & Bryon Sellers the day after 12 Hours. And the St Pete GP is the following weekend and I am working for a Pirelli World Challenge GS Team (they Won at COTA)
Jetsetsurfshop
I'm heading up for Friday and Saturday. First time for me. I've never been in the infield before or watched any race live! Cant wait...
groot
I'll be there.
Zimms
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 10 2015, 06:49 AM) *

I am not planning to go (unless someone has a Free Ticket & Beer drunk.gif ) as I am Racing with Patrick Long, Andy Lally, Patrick Dempsey & Bryon Sellers the day after 12 Hours. And the St Pete GP is the following weekend and I am working for a Pirelli World Challenge GS Team (they Won at COTA)

I can help with the beer...
URY914
I stopped by the track today and 2 Vettes were running. Track was closed to the public. mad.gif
carr914

I found out today that my Driving Partner for the Pro Am Karting Race is Patrick Long! piratenanner.gif Give us the Trophy now!

In previous years I have been partnered up with Carlos DeQuesada & Bryan Sellers.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 11 2015, 08:34 PM) *

I found out today that my Driving Partner for the Pro Am Karting Race is Patrick Long! piratenanner.gif Give us the Trophy now!

In previous years I have been partnered up with Carlos DeQuesada & Bryan Sellers.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I don't beg, but if you are the giving kind and like to Donate to Charity (Tax Deductions for you Cheap Ass Bastards lol), we are trying to raise $75,000 Grant for All Childrens Hospital. Last year we raised $50k and there was a Nice write-up in the New York Times. There is a strong rumor that this years event will be televised (taped - later broadcast). There are close to 20 Pros from IMSA, WEC, IndyCar, & Nascar participating. Patron is the Major Sponsor to the tune of $25k!

The Site is below - you will see that it is for Driver Registration, but if you click on it, there are other donation catagories

http://kart4kids.com/
Jetsetsurfshop
Anyone there yet?
Zimms
Leaving for the airport in 2 hours!
Big Len
When this is over, would some of you guys please post pics and info? Need hotel, ticket, best viewing spots, that kind of info etc? Never been there before and I'm planning to attend next year with my brother from CO and a couple other guys. It's our biannual guy's weekend.

Thanks and have a great time.
ThePaintedMan
Len, I'll send you a PM. IMHO, a hotel is boring. The only way to truly experience Sebring is to camp, either primitive style or in an RV. My family has had the same spot for 15 out of the 28 years I've gone and I love it more each year. Lots of run, plenty of relaxing time and badass cars. And that's not even mentioning all the un-mentionable stuff that goes on over in Green Park (the inside portion of the track). happy11.gif

If you come next year, rent an RV and hook up with us. We'll show you everything.
Big Len
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 18 2015, 04:52 PM) *

Len, I'll send you a PM. IMHO, a hotel is boring. The only way to truly experience Sebring is to camp, either primitive style or in an RV. My family has had the same spot for 15 out of the 28 years I've gone and I love it more each year. Lots of run, plenty of relaxing time and badass cars. And that's not even mentioning all the un-mentionable stuff that goes on over in Green Park (the inside portion of the track). happy11.gif

If you come next year, rent an RV and hook up with us. We'll show you everything.

PERFECT and thank you.

One of the guys who is coming lives in Tampa and has a good size RV, but we wern't sure if we should use it. Guess you settled that.

Have a great time.
URY914
I'm packing my shit up tonight. I'll leave after work tomorrow. beerchug.gif
It is going to be in the upper 80's on Sat. sad.gif

T.C., I'll see you on Sunday. biggrin.gif
type2man
I ve always wanted to go to to this all weekend but I've only been able to do a few hours at a time. I have family that lives 3 miles from the track. You cant sleep at night when they are racing. Maybe next year I will camp out.
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 18 2015, 10:14 PM) *

I'm partnered with Patrick Long!

http://www.racer.com/north-american-racing...in-palmetto-fla
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 18 2015, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 18 2015, 10:14 PM) *

I'm partnered with Patrick Long!

http://www.racer.com/north-american-racing...in-palmetto-fla

I saw that. Pretty damn cool.
carr914
Our Uniforms are St Patricks Themed as I also have Patrick Lindsey as an extra Pro on my Team (I'm smelling 1st Place already)) - Green with White Carrera Stripes

driving.gif
URY914
Here is Patrick Long, T.C.'s teammate. This is from yesterday at Sebring waiting for the first driver's change...

Click to view attachment
URY914
For some reason the 914-8 was on display in the Hall of Fame building...

Click to view attachment
URY914
Did anyone notice the outside door handles are different? The mounting tab is much larger....

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
Here's Seabird (Miguel) doing some laps in HSR.

ThePaintedMan
Man, what a weekend. Worked the race on Thursday and Friday, drove back to St. Pete to pickup wife and dad, hung out with Miguel and Shane, saw the /8, watched a good portion of the 12 hours and enjoyed a few libations.

Special thanks to chads74 for letting me borrow his pop-up camper - it was awesome.

Sorry I missed Mark and Paul. I think I just tried to cram too much in one weekend.
VaccaRabite
I had the live stream streaming all day, but really only paid attention to the last hour and first hour.

Heartbreaker for the Viper guys in GTD, with the car failing while leading the class with only 5 minutes left to go.

As always, rooting for Falken in GTLM. A respectable 3rd in class, but a lap behind the class winner.
Zach
chads74
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 23 2015, 05:32 AM) *

Man, what a weekend. Worked the race on Thursday and Friday, drove back to St. Pete to pickup wife and dad, hung out with Miguel and Shane, saw the /8, watched a good portion of the 12 hours and enjoyed a few libations.

Special thanks to chads74 for letting me borrow his pop-up camper - it was awesome.

Sorry I missed Mark and Paul. I think I just tried to cram too much in one weekend.

Glad you were able to use the pop-up. Hope I can make it down next year.
Zimms
Had a great time. Sorry I missed you George. Saturday I stuck pretty close to the RV. GTLM and GTD were where all of the fun was at for me. I expected one of the DP Vettes to win since they are well known and built like tanks. Decent effort by Krohn and MSR. I hope to see MSR become much stronger as they get to know the car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Look at how much the real tire on the Porsche is pushed on the rim!
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
Great Pics!! first.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Zimms @ Mar 23 2015, 05:31 PM) *

Is this the same #58 Brumos car that was displayed at Amelia Island? What class was it running in? An article at Flatsixes.com says it was restored and then never raced again.

Great pics BTW, I always look forward to your photography.
Zimms
Thanks guys. The Brumos car ran in the Historic race. I don't know if that was the one from Amelia Island. It was cool to see the 914-8 again. I never got to see the engine compartment and trunk and it was neat to see that the trunk fire wall was moved back so that the top shock mounts were in the engine compartment, and the trunk also had a dip in the back end that created more room.

I usually see a few 914s in the infield and didn't notice any this year.
ThePaintedMan
Mark, your pictures are phenomenal as usual. Giving Paul a run for his money I'd say poke.gif but his are always great too.

I got some more pictures of the /8, just waiting for my dad to send them to me since I was using his camera.
carr914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 24 2015, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Zimms @ Mar 23 2015, 05:31 PM) *

Is this the same #58 Brumos car that was displayed at Amelia Island? What class was it running in? An article at Flatsixes.com says it was restored and then never raced again.

Great pics BTW, I always look forward to your photography.

That's not a Real Brumos car, but I believe it might have been at Amelia
URY914
Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
driving.gif
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.