Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front suspension advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I need to replace the camber plate bushings. Any good upgrade over the stock setup? I see the mono ball kits but don't have money to burn. Not opposed to an upgrade, Just don't want to throw money away. For something I won't be able to tell a difference from. So what say you? Anything you guys would recommend over stock?
messix
not a track car so go stock
Larmo63
Elephant? The rubber two piece ones aren't too pricey?

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/r...berbushings.htm
JRust
Have them out & almost ready for powder coating. I need to get the inserts out of my Boge struts. I need a special tool of course headbang.gif . Anybody local have one handy?
Olympic 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 10 2015, 09:18 PM) *

Have them out & almost ready for powder coating. I need to get the inserts out of my Boge struts. I need a special tool of course headbang.gif . Anybody local have one handy?

I just took the inserts out of my Boge struts, I used a 24" pipe wrench on the retainer. just clamped them in the vice on the caliper mounts. don't clamp them on the tubes they're not real thick.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 10 2015, 05:18 PM) *

Channel locks? biggrin.gif
bdstone914
Or a large punch and hammer.
messix
i used a pipe wrench
914werke
IIRC GPR sells the Delrin version of those Elephant Bushes for about .5 that $.
JRust
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 10 2015, 08:56 PM) *

Got a link I couldn't find it on their site confused24.gif
Larmo63
Elephant is bank. That is one of the drawbacks. I was in their booth at the swap meet on Sunday.

All of the parts I saw were NICE.
JRust
Genius Rob! Channel locks & they came off easy. I tried a punch but just barely the other day. Didn't want to screw them up so stopped. They weren't as stuck as I thought. So all apart & heading to powder coaters tomorrow I hope. If only I didn't have to work dry.gif . Damn place is 10 min from my house. Of course I work 45min from my house. So getting off at 5 & getting there before 5 is a bit of a challenge
914werke
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 10 2015, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 10 2015, 08:56 PM) *

Got a link I couldn't find it on their site confused24.gif

Call
ChrisFoley
Delrin is a bad idea in that location IMO.
The shaft has some eccentric motion as the suspension moves.
Delrin won't allow that eccentric motion as the rubber bushes do.
Brian_Boss
Ours are polyurethane, not delrin. They are a little firmer than the stock rubber but compliant enough to avoid the issue Chris mentioned.

Link: GPR poly strut mount inserts

$79 shipped for 914world folks.

Also, I have an idea for rubber replacement if anyone wants to beta test.
914werke
My Bad. Thanks Brian
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Mar 12 2015, 03:38 PM) *

Ours are polyurethane, not delrin.

Polyurethane is used a lot for aftermarket automotive bushings.
JRust
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Mar 12 2015, 01:38 PM) *

Ours are polyurethane, not delrin. They are a little firmer than the stock rubber but compliant enough to avoid the issue Chris mentioned.

Link: GPR poly strut mount inserts

$79 shipped for 914world folks.

Also, I have an idea for rubber replacement if anyone wants to beta test.

Just ordered them along with Bearings. My newly powder coated strut housings will be complete now piratenanner.gif . Thanks for the help Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.