Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tuna Can install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I'm in the process of installing the tuna can and am unsure what goes where. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click to view attachment
Porschef
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif

I've got one he same and have been wondering too...
Kansas 914
Is this from the Racer Chris - Tangerine group buy?

If so there are a lot of comments here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...236&hl=tuna can&st=200
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 10 2015, 02:11 PM) *

I'm in the process of installing the tuna can and am unsure what goes where. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click to view attachment

I just did this about 6 weeks ago. the strainer goes on the bottom facing upward. the bottom cover goes under that. you will need 3 seals.
1. bottom cover facing up,
2. put seal on this between it and the strainer, and
3. put another seal between the strainer and the tuna can
4 put seal on top of tuna can and attach to car.

I don't remember which way the part you were asking about goes, but it will only fit one way. I think the longer part goes down, the shorter up, on top of the strainer.
Some choose to use gasket sealer on the seals, I just put oil on them, I have not had a leak since I installed mine.

Good Luck.
Phil
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 10 2015, 05:44 PM) *

Is this from the Racer Chris - Tangerine group buy?

If so there are a lot of comments here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...236&hl=tuna can&st=200

that is from the guy in the U.K. got mine from the same place. He also has a nice billet taco plate for the oil temp sensor. I did both
Valy
Whatever you do, make sure that the pickup tube extender is sealed around the pickup tube, else the engine will pickup air through the gap that will be higher than the original pickup tube. Kind of defeats it's purpose without sealant.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 10 2015, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 10 2015, 02:11 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I just did this about 6 weeks ago. the strainer goes on the bottom facing upward. the bottom cover goes under that. you will need 3 seals.
1. bottom cover facing up,
2. put seal on this between it and the strainer, and
3. put another seal between the strainer and the tuna can
4 put seal on top of tuna can and attach to car.

I don't remember which way the part you were asking about goes, but it will only fit one way. I think the longer part goes down, the shorter up, on top of the strainer.
Some choose to use gasket sealer on the seals, I just put oil on them, I have not had a leak since I installed mine.

Good Luck.
Phil

Thanks Phil, How did you get the long bolt to go thru the strainer?
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 11 2015, 02:21 PM) *

Just hog it out a little bit and make sure there are no shavings left in or around the screen.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 11 2015, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 11 2015, 02:21 PM) *

Just hog it out a little bit and make sure there are no shavings left in or around the screen.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.