Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door handle fix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I need several of the plastic parts that break all the time on the door handles, where is the best source for those? Anyone know?
ppickerell
Somebody post a pic of this piece please. I believe that it would be easy to make. I am turning delrin, polyethylene, and HDPE on my new swiss lathe. Why not steel or aluminum? If this is as easy as I think it will be, I will make a bunch up and give them away at the WCC. smilie_pokal.gif
ejm
This part?
ppickerell
Hmmm, that shape would not come off complete in one operation in any machine I have! Any 914 mechanical engineers want to redraw this in 3D designed for Swiss screw capability?
mightyohm
PP?

Door Latch Cam, 2 Per Car, 914 1.7/1.8/2.0 (1970-74), 914-6 (1970-72), Each [Photo]
PEL-DR-CM1 $14.20
bd1308
no.....i got mine from AA. Lifetime guarantee!plus a little cheaper too
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 11 2005, 08:31 PM)
i got mine from AA. Lifetime guarantee!

lifetime gaurantee? your fucking with us right? Why would you buy a door lock actuator when your car needs a new car? laugh.gif
morph
I have some that are new in the package, they are on e-bay right now, and listed in the classifieds as well. I have 5 left. club members get a small discount if they buy directly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

HIEDI
skline
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Feb 11 2005, 06:49 PM)
I have some that are new in the package, they are on e-bay right now, and listed in the classifieds as well. I have 5 left. club members get a small discount if they buy directly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

HIEDI

I need 4 of them please. Send me a paypal invoice. I will PM you.
morph
All are spoken for, if payments fall through on whats left, then I will relist on e-bay.
Skline and boxtr you have PM's

Thanks,
Hiedi
skline
Payment sent, thank you very much, I really needed these. I had a source a few months ago for about 8 bucks each but we went by there yesterday and the guy is gone and out of business. sad.gif This was a good price and we would rather support our club members than go anywhere else.

Thanks again.
Scott
Joe Bob
15 bucks at PP...
Lavanaut
My outter, driver's side door handle stopped working yesterday. It behaves as if the door is locked, there's still some tension when you pull it out (and when you let go it retracts) just as if the door were locked. The key still locks/unlocks the door properly, and the door opens fine from the inside.

Do these sound like the symptoms of the above plastic piece needing to be replaced?

Meanwhile....taking a cue from Bo & Luke Duke... dry.gif
URY914
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 3 2006, 01:08 PM) *

My outter, driver's side door handle stopped working yesterday. It behaves as if the door is locked, there's still some tension when you pull it out (and when you let go it retracts) just as if the door were locked. The key still locks/unlocks the door properly, and the door opens fine from the inside.

Do these sound like the symptoms of the above plastic piece needing to be replaced?

Meanwhile....taking a cue from Bo & Luke Duke... dry.gif

Yep, sounds like the slider is done broke.

markb
Check with hwgunner, he always has some in stock, and I *believe* they go for a bit less than $14 each.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(markb @ Nov 3 2006, 11:50 PM) *

Check with hwgunner, he always has some in stock, and I *believe* they go for a bit less than $14 each.

Done! Thanks for the tip! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.