Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another day at Sklines garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
They showed up today so Aaron could weld in his new rear sway bar mounts. The truck was pretty rusty making it hard to do without burning holes right through the rusted metal. So set on low, the welder is making progress, Aaron, being a real man, decides to just jump in and weld right on the car rather than to practive on something else. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. I know I laughed quite a bit. Here is the car assuming the position.
skline
Here is a picture of Beavis and Butthead.
skline
Lunch on the phone spilling chili down the front of his shirt, you cant see it in this pic as he was hiding it in the next 2 shots.
skline
Still hiding the drip
skline
Here you can see the drip down the front of his shirt as he is learning to weld the hard way.
skline
Gots to weld the top support in too. welder.gif
skline
Look Ma, I can do this!!! welder.gif
Dr Evil
I can't waity until I can drive up to your garage and weld. What a nice looking couple tongue.gif
Brando
How did the welds come out?
skline
Not bad for a beginner, He is now learning to use a grinder and wire wheel. Lots of rust in the trunk, so he is cleaning it up now and we are going to try to weld in some more support. I can just see him turning a corner and the sway bar pulling the tab right off the car.
skline
Here is is with the grinder taking out the rust. Nasty smell.
bondo
Nice welding gloves there smile.gif Short sleeves too. I've gotten a "sunburn" from as little as 15 mins of short sleeved welding. Sunblock works too. cool.gif
Mrs. K
biggrin.gif Hey MattR......love the new hair!
You look smokin! smoke.gif

Lisa welder.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (bondo @ Feb 11 2005, 08:03 PM)
I've gotten a "sunburn" from as little as 15 mins of short sleeved welding.

welder.gif Oh yeah! I have gotten a nasty sunburn arch welding in a bikini....ouch!
When I was young and stupid! wacko.gif

Lisa confused24.gif
drgchapman
Dude where are your gloves and sleeves???????

GECINCONCERNEDABOUTYOU
redshift
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Feb 12 2005, 12:44 AM)
welder.gif Oh yeah!  I have gotten a nasty sunburn arch welding in a bikini....ouch!
When I was young and stupid!  :wacko:

Lisa  :confused:

rolleyes.gif

M
Aaron Cox
yeah.....

i suck at welding. my rear trunk sucks. I know how to use a grinder.... wink.gif but was learning how to weld..... (*poorly...*)

AA
skline
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 11 2005, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Feb 12 2005, 12:44 AM)
welder.gif Oh yeah!  I have gotten a nasty sunburn arch welding in a bikini....ouch!
When I was young and stupid!  :wacko:

Lisa  :confused:

Good job, Kevin! smilie_pokal.gif

M

Whos Kevin? What are you talking about ?? Are you going off topic Miles?
redshift
A little...

It all started with a sleepy tangent, as I was chatting on AIM.

M
skline
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 11 2005, 10:53 PM)
A little...

Just conmagratumalating Kevin on the find of a lifetime... a welder!

wink.gif

M

Miles, I went back through and read every post in this thread and there is nobody named Kevin, are you talking to your imaginary friend again? Did the medication wear off? Maybe its time for you to go to sleep, I promise you will feel much better in the morning. At least with a clear mind.
redshift
I haven't had 4 hours sleep in like 3 days... I saw a joke in there somewhere, lost it!

Make me sleep!

M
redshift
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 12 2005, 03:01 AM)
Miles, I went back through and read every post in this thread and there is nobody named Kevin, are you talking to your imaginary friend again? Did the medication wear off? Maybe its time for you to go to sleep, I promise you will feel much better in the morning. At least with a clear mind.

My friend Kevin Rose (on Trading Spaces! ref from other thread somewhere) has a wife who works in metal.. she has perma-kini marks from her welding in a tank top/bikini combo.

I don't know what happend to the first message, but all that didn't make much sense without it!

-shrug-

I seep now.. -clunk- I hope I hit send..

smile.gif

M
Mrs. K
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 11 2005, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 12 2005, 03:01 AM)

My friend Kevin Rose (on Trading Spaces! ref from other thread somewhere) has a wife who works in metal.. she has perma-kini marks from her welding in a tank top/bikini combo.

I don't know what happend to the first message, but all that didn't make much sense without it!

-shrug-

I seep now.. -clunk- I hope I hit send..

smile.gif

M

wink.gif got it Miles!

Lisa welder.gif

nighty night blink.gif
Brando
Not bad work there Aaron... but with all those holes, maybe you should have cut out the trunk, welded a new one in, then welded the tabs for the swaybar in? blink.gif

PS: I think that trunk revokes the bashing rights you have [had] on my car. Pfft!
DJsRepS
I was welding at waist hight on a table top and did not notice my shirt button near my beer belly was opened up it made a triangle sunburn on my belly. I didnt even notice it untill I took a shower and it was hurting me. Cover up when welding. No wonder you never see a pale skinned welder.
xsboost90
Oh yeah! I have gotten a nasty sunburn arch welding in a bikini....ouch!
When I was young and stupid!

pray.gif welder.gif

ahh yes, reminds me of the days when i was going w/ a hot lil number who was taking welding in vocational school. The only one that welded in a mini skirt..hm. clap.gif
scotty b
HMMM beginners welding on rusty metal... laugh.gif laugh.gif I can hear the F bombs being dropped !! BZZZZZZZ, PHHH..MOTHER FUCHER!! Good to see some guys doing their own work and learning something new. It's also good for the indusrtry 'cause now there are two more guys looking to buy a new welder!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.