Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you been driving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seagrave
Let's see those photos of 914's out of the garage. Maybe it'll help to motivate those with their elbows still deep in their projects. The good weather is right around the corner (of course, that's a longer corner in some parts of the world wink.gif ) I'll start you off. This is a dirt road up to the winery in Amity, Oregon. Not much rain in Oregon recently but overcast to be sure. This was my last time out in my car, Jan 23rd.
mskala
Yes, but not with the 914:

Got to do some snow performance driving with
the 924S. That's the only time I wish I had a
subaru biggrin.gif
Series9
Christmas day was my last time out, but only in front of the house for some burn-outs.

The good news is that she officially goes into service on March 1st for shake down runs prior to WCC05.
ejm
Last Sunday
dlo914
last week at the angeles crest....rain, rain...go away...
d914
out at roebling
Gint
Well, at least it's out of the garage...

skline
Well, it was pouring rain all yesterday, it is supposed to be raining now, but looking out the garage right now, I may go for a drive in the 74 just to get some seat time. It doesnt look all that bad outside right now. Its actually starting to dry up. Time to go sliding around some corners.

driving.gif
machina
last season,

but I'll be back in 2 weeks driving.gif
VegasRacer
Here is my contribution to this tread.
Guess where I was this weekend? smilie_flagge24.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Gint @ Feb 12 2005, 02:12 PM)
Well, at least it's out of the garage...

smilie_pokal.gif
MarkG
Well, mine came out of the garage - for the first time since buying it last summer - a couple of weeks ago.

Drove it right up to the back of the tow truck - almost 50 feet of driving in my new 914!! No pic though.......

Been in the shop 2+ weeks now trying to get it to meet Colorado emissions for initial registration......
slapshot914
Hate to resurrect last weeks thread, but I finally got the car put back together Saturday and was able to drive it both Sat and Sunday. Took me forever to get the turn signal fixed and the horn to work again (first time I've heard the horn on this car since about.....come to think of it, the horn didn't work when I bought it. Also got the radio hooked up, although who can hear it with the top off, no back pad, and a burned out muffler. Partly cloudy and a temp of about 54 and the snow is finally gone after hanging around since Christmas, so off came the top and out we went driving for about an hour. Still get a kick from the looks it gets. My wife noticed that while we were at the local Taco Bell, one guy stopped and really looked it over, so she started watching the other folks. Sure enough, everybody gave it a look see. Felt good. If the weather doesn't turn to crap, I'll see if I can get some pictures next weekend.
Brent
Vegas, you have more pics to share from the speedway?
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Brent @ Feb 14 2005, 02:16 PM)
Vegas, you have more pics to share from the speedway?

This thread has a few more photos.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=25218

LMK if there is anything special you want to see or if you want me to send you any of them uncropped or in a larger format.
root
Both the teener and the 'hachi roccu' came out of the garage on Saturday.
Six days after groundhog day, both saw their shadows and went back in the garage.
For six more weeks! biggrin.gif
Chris Julian
OK so this photo is a couple of months old but it was the first drive in over fourteen years. The car is now registered, insured, and has the windshield, lights, ect.. in place. Just a few minor issues smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif before I hit the open road.

Chris

anderssj
Yesterday, 13 Feb . . . a good day in eastern VA
VegasRacer
QUOTE (anderssj @ Feb 14 2005, 07:23 PM)
Yesterday, 13 Feb . . . a good day in eastern VA

Nice looking car. I really like the vintage license plate.
You are lucky to live in a state that has a Y.O.M. law.
JmuRiz
I love that plate too, too bad in 1973 they went to the white with blue, that look like the standard plates in Virginia. GREAT looking cars, I'm going to have to get mine out so I can take a pic of it.
anderssj
Thanks for the comments on the car and YOM plate.

Didn't know that VA allowed YOM until I saw a one on '66 Charger here on the base. Was fortunate to find a set of plates on ebay (already had the old Bayside Disposal / Racing frame from when I used to live in Redmond WA--pre-Microsoft/pre-Nintendo).

Forecast is for 61F today--maybe I'll get the car out again after work.

Best,

Steve A-
jr91472
Oh yea!!!!!! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Weather warmed up so: grab the camera and keys!!! mueba.gif

jr91472
another
jr91472
pulled over in Weston, TX. Weston was a supply depot for the Confederacy back in the day. Not much going on now.....
914GT
My car, at work today. Mine always stands out in the parking lot. Other cars seem boring and all look alike.
AZ914
Me driving.gif driving between Casa Grande, AZ and Tucson, AZ. Thats Guy (914GT) way up ahead of me... well he does have 4 more CYLS than I do. cool_shades.gif

AZ914
Mine always stands out in the parking lot. Other cars seem boring and all look alike.

'Cept when mine is there too.. aktion035.gif
fiid
Havent driven my car for soooooo looooong. sad.gif
914GT
QUOTE (AZ914 @ Feb 15 2005, 12:12 PM)
Mine always stands out in the parking lot. Other cars seem boring and all look alike.

'Cept when mine is there too.. aktion035.gif

You been driving yours in lately? I'll drive mine more often now - have my new Kenwood CD/MP3 player.
sanman
QUOTE (fiid @ Feb 15 2005, 11:58 AM)
Havent driven my car for soooooo looooong. sad.gif

atleast you old pertronic is still running biggrin.gif
give me the suby enging and I give it back beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.