Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This 914 named Carrot seems to be following me around. Getting creepy. I'll prolly eventually own it.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
So, a few years ago a friend of mine owned a 914 (1972, 1.7). I only saw it once before he sold it. He said it was in crappy condition, rotted out floor pans and hell hole, spray painted from a rattle can, etc.

The car's name is "Carrot."

He sold it to a guy named Travis for $5k. Travis didn't even inspect the car. Just paid and took it. We were both amazed that he got 5K for it.

Two weeks ago, I saw a car for sale locally. The ad said "great condition, well cared-for, inside and out, no rust."...yada, yada, yada...

So, I went to look at it and it was the same car!!!! Travis was asking $7,500. I passed on the car.

A couple days ago, I was driving around, and suddenly saw an orange 914 in a driveway and immediately stopped.

It was the same car again!!!!!

I talked to the guy who bought it. He has a ton of museum-quality American muscle cars (Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, and others). He couldn't give a crap about 914s, but said that he bought one for his daughter when she was in high school (she is 45 now), so figured she would like this one to play with.

He told me he will replace the rotted floor plans, redo the interior, and fix whatever else needs to be fixed. Based on the amazing cars in his garage, this frog may eventually turn into a prince. If so, I will try and buy it from him. Glad to see that the car went to someone who will fix it up.

Andy, I added the VIN to the data base.

Some pix:
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 13 2015, 12:02 AM) *
Andy, I added the VIN to the data base.

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.