Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Considering selling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gtsdls
Considering selling, trying to value the car. Very original car. I have owned it for 12+ years, the prior owner had it for 6+ always garaged. Originally sold by Holberts in PA, then went south to Delaware. Pictures here- https://www.flickr.com/photos/131142470@N08/

~59000 miles (believed to be original), original 1.8 with fuel injection. Fuchs copies (old American Racing). The car is ultra sold rust wise- anything can be unbolted. SS heater boxes. Center console with operating instruments (clock doesn't keep great time though). Runs well- the engine has never been touched as far as I know. The engine serial number matches the one in the original owners manual. The corner areas in the trunks corners are solid, they were wire brushed/sanded, POR15'd and painted when the engine was out for the new clutch. The rocker panels were removed, pin holes repaired, and repainted, jack cup areas were repaired (welded) with steel replacements and repainted.

New shift linkage bushings front to back, clutch plate, clutch cable, pressure plate, rear calipers rebuilt with new pads, SS fuel lines in the engine compartment, all vacuum lines were replaced, rubber fuel lines were replaced, gas filter, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, RedLine trans fluid, rebuilt starter, fan belt, rebuilt pedal cluster.

The passenger rear fender was replaced when the car was almost new (I spoke to the original owner several years ago, it happened in the 1st year of ownership) and the paint on that fender and door is showing its age. I touched up the door jams around the vent holes, and the prior owner touched up rock chips. There's a dent near the driver side mirror that can be seen by zooming in.
rick 918-S
Sounds like a nice car needing only cosmetics. A new paint job will set you back to finish the hard work you have already completed. The 1.8 is not the most desirable engine but if good running that's a plus. Needing paint I would say strong 8-10k. But who am I to say. It's worth what someone is willing to pay.
Big Len
I'd say higher than Rick's estimate. No rust and good running = $10,500-12,000 selling price.
green914
$10,500 - $12,000 agree.gif
turk22
removed the link, wrong car. Sorry for the confusion.
drbill
Nope. That link is to my car, a 2.0 Liter 1974.

Bill
turk22
Opps. sorry to muddy the waters.

Best of luck with the sale DrBill.
Dr Evil
Price is very dependent on location. East will bring more than west, typically. Less god ones here.
Cal
I'm trying to contact Greg Smith. He lives in NY....does anyone here know how to reach him? I've sent several PM's. He made a post back in March about possibly selling his car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.