Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP in Jax FL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
57lincolnman
I just got into Jacksonville for the meet-up for the 914 group at Amelia Island. I drove down from Atlanta and started having some issues with cylinder head temp sensor. It started out as a slight skip at highway speeds and has now progressed to full buck coming out 2nd or 3rd gear. I've had this problem before and it was solved with a new cylinder temp sensor.

I need a recommendation for a repair shop here in JAX. I'm staying out at Hampton Inn at the Airport. I've ordered the replacement from Auto Atlanta and should have it in my hands sometime tomorrow (Saturday). I just need someone that can put it on for me.

I don't think the car is drivable for the 6 hour ride back to Atlanta. Thanks.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(57lincolnman @ Mar 13 2015, 03:57 PM) *

I just got into Jacksonville for the meet-up for the 914 group at Amelia Island. I drove down from Atlanta and started having some issues with cylinder head temp sensor. It started out as a slight skip at highway speeds and has now progressed to full buck coming out 2nd or 3rd gear. I've had this problem before and it was solved with a new cylinder temp sensor.

I need a recommendation for a repair shop here in JAX. I'm staying out at Hampton Inn at the Airport. I've ordered the replacement from Auto Atlanta and should have it in my hands sometime tomorrow (Saturday). I just need someone that can put it on for me.

I don't think the car is drivable for the 6 hour ride back to Atlanta. Thanks.

I'm bringing my tools with me. We can do that in the parking lot, assuming it's the problem. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my number.

-George
somd914
Hope AA comes through for you. PM me if something changes with George - might be able to assist depending on the schedule.

Also check your CHT wire and harness - wiggle it around with the car running and see what happens. Had this happen to me - broken harness wire not CHT.
snakemain
And let me know if you need a ride to the thing tonight (or a chase vehicle). I'm in my jeep and staying near the airport as well.
GeorgeRud
We're also at the Airport Hampton Inn in Jacksonville. Let us know if we can be of help. We're in room 217, but flew down so no tools, etc. Brumos Porsche in Jacksonville is a big dealer that may be of help.

We're planning on going to the event tonight, probably leaving the hotel around seven.

If needed, you can contact me at eight four seven seven two one two one five six.

George
snakemain
And if you need tools, I'd bet George (paintedman) would be willing to bring up whatever's required tomorrow when he drives up from Tampa. I only brought a fire extinguisher, battery charger, tire kit, and a leatherman.
bandjoey
Wow. The thril of all times. Tenner trouble and a dozen tenner mechanics
Within a mile. Hope it's simple but you're in good hands.
57lincolnman
QUOTE(snakemain @ Mar 13 2015, 01:07 PM) *

And let me know if you need a ride to the thing tonight (or a chase vehicle). I'm in my jeep and staying near the airport as well.

That would be fantastic! I'm at the Hampton Inn

Harve
323 590 8076
type47
How about substituting a variable resistor (Radio Shack, etc) or fixed resistor if the CHT doesn't arrive from AA?
snakemain
Looks like we've got him all squared away!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.