Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flares\were?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
driver66
IF [just saying ] IF a person wanted to look at some different flare options ,were would they look? Iwant a little more [ POW,DAMN DUDE ...CHECK THAT OUT ] and a little out of the ordinary looks for my weapon of choice.
Jeroen
Have you been sleeping? biggrin.gif
Check this thread...
John Kelly's flares look very good IMO

cheers,

Jeroen
driver66
THAT LOOKS SWEET, but im looking for more the 935 look so i can install rear loovers, just not as big as 935's confused24.gif
Jeroen
If you're looking for a flatnose type of bodykit, you could do a search for either:
Rayco
Beach Boys Racing
Red Dawg or Red Dog

Either AIR or BetterBodies has a kit called "994" that you may like, so look for them too (they are online, but I don't have any links at hand)

There's also a "group 5" bodykit, that is very similar to a 935, but it is pretty wide.
I think AIR sells that one too

cheers,

Jeroen
djm914-6
The AIR (American International Racing) Groupe 5 kit was the first thing to come to my mind.

IPB Image

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com/
Look under the vintage catagory.
GT Racing may also be worth a look-see.
seanery
I didn't think you could turbocharge a 914?! WTF?

It says right there "TURBO"
djm914-6
It's just a sticker. It is really a stock 1.7L with a body kit, stickers an neon. I hear it has a booming radio; a high class job from Radio Shack. tongue.gif
Mockmaw
Hmm, there was a 935-ish kit for the 914..

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/PORSCHE914.html

It's a good 4/5th's down the page.
djm914-6
It's pretty bad when a reseller can't do more than scan a company's (poor) catalog. Those pictures are straight out of AIR's book. If 'twer me, I'd buy directly from the source.
airsix
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 4 2003, 01:59 PM)
It's just a sticker. It is really a stock 1.7L with a body kit, stickers an neon. I hear it has a booming radio; a high class job from Radio Shack. tongue.gif

Actually, If I recall correctly that particular 914 was twin-turbo-ed and has seen the far side of 200mph. No kidding. I'd be surprised if at the time of the photo it wasn't the fastest 914 on the planet. Today it looks completely different. Current owner did a full factory-GT style restoration (including a period-correct 2.0 six).

-Ben M.
Mockmaw
I didn't realize they were straight from AIR's catalog; I was using them purely for pictorial reference.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mockmaw @ Jun 4 2003, 05:21 PM)
I didn't realize they were straight from AIR's catalog; I was using them purely for pictorial reference.

yepp, get the AIR catalog, they have a bunch of pretty cool stuff in there ...

the catalog pics are bad quality to begin with, so it looks even more cheap if someone just scans them in and throws them up on a web-site, implying the products shown are their own ...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.