Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with Renegade V8 Conversion Parts...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hey Guys...

As you know work is progressing slowly on the V8 Conversion car. I will post some pictures once the flares are mounted and the car is on its wheels again...

1) I need to know what combination of nuts/bolts/washers and their sizes to use to mount the engine crossbar to the body?

2) Also a picture of the rear mounts that move the engine back? I need the nuts and bolts for them too...

3) Finally a diagram of the order of assembly of the rear transaxle mounting bolts/washers and rubber mounts?

I don't have a large selection of nuts and bolts so if someone has this info I can pick them up at the hardware store in advance....

Thanks,

Steve
pdlightning
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Mar 14 2015, 10:00 AM) *

Hey Guys...

As you know work is progressing slowly on the V8 Conversion car. I will post some pictures once the flares are mounted and the car is on its wheels again...

1) I need to know what combination of nuts/bolts/washers and their sizes to use to mount the engine crossbar to the body?

2) Also a picture of the rear mounts that move the engine back? I need the nuts and bolts for them too...

3) Finally a diagram of the order of assembly of the rear transaxle mounting bolts/washers and rubber mounts?

I don't have a large selection of nuts and bolts so if someone has this info I can pick them up at the hardware store in advance....

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, I too am doing a LS conversion with a 915 trans. A couple of comments before people start inputing some info.

The bolts used in the engine cross member are the same diameter as stock, but are dependant on your crossmember dimensions.

Your rear mounts, if using a 901 trans can be seen on any of the Renegade conversions. All they are are offset blocks. Why not have some pipe bent and weld appropriate tabs to mate your trans and body attachment points. It would be cleaner that way, I think!

There are a lot of posts here on mounts and mods. Do a search on the topics and the experts have ususally addressed the issues.

We always would like to see pictures of your progress and pictures relating to your questions. Both help in many ways!

Good luck!
Bruce Hinds
I don't have a listing of the bolt sizes, but if it's a Renegade cross bar and tranny mounts, it's all stock hardware.

If you've misplaced or don't have that stuff, someone here can probably help . . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.