Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 14x5.5 Fuch Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fullerton914
Can anyone recommend a good tire size to run on the 14x5.5 fuch wheels?
Big Len
This might help - http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_101/cust...im_wheel_width/
GeorgeRud
185/70-14 were the original size, actually with tube type tires. 195/65-14 would be a close fit (195/60s look rather small), but finding tires in these sizes is difficult- you have to watch to see what is currently available.
Dave_Darling
According to the owner's manual, 185 HR 14 was the original size, which translates to 185/80-14 in today's notation. 195/75-14 would be the closest diameter in a 195-width tire. Going to 205 is iffy; there are many 914s that won't fit a 205 under one rear fender or the other. The 205/70-14 would be a close diameter to the original's, so if you want to go wide you can try those.

If you decide you don't care about the overall diameter, you can get tires with shorter sidewalls. Just remember your effective gearing will be shorter with shorter sidewalls.

--DD
brant
The different offset on a 14 Fuchs is actually ideal for the stock fender. (I have wondered if the car was designed to this wheel, was the factory's intention to buld a 912 replacement that used recently outclassed wheels)

You can fit old style 225/14 on some cars....

I built my race car fenders to attempt to take advantage of this wheel in w2w.
(Then we had a rule change in our vintage club that let me jump to 50 series)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.