Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 SS Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmssaab
Love my new to me 914 from CA from this site (thanks Lawrence smile.gif ). Here in New England we have cold springs and falls when the roads are clean to run the car (no salt or sand) so we like to use heat. My heat exchangers have holes in the tin at the rear and I know that cuts down on the efficiency on the heat and introduces exhaust during idling. I got a migrane from driving the car the first time. I went back in time on the FS forum and other sites and the few 2.0L SS exchangers that pop up have been around the block and I know they crack over time. So there are some new ones out there for $2k and some really nice used ones for 1.5k. I see about 5 years ago some new ones sold for $1k. Before I buy a nice set just checking that this is the price of admission.
mepstein
Really nice should be $500-800. Place a WTB in the classifieds and you should get some replies.
*make sure you have all the needed small parts as well. Take pictures and post if your unsure.
I agree, these cars are much more enjoyable with heat.
BeatNavy
agree.gif I think I paid about $600 for mine as part of a "package deal."

Heat is good.
ConeDodger
I've sold two sets over the years. Both about five years ago. New in box, $1000. Very nice used, $500.

The posted prices are about right. blink.gif

New 6 heat exchangers are now available at over $2000 drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.