Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch centre caps way too loose! Any tips?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yrret7
Any tips to help keep the centre caps in the fuch rims? The kids in the parking lot will be taking them home. The nubs seem a little worn. They are way too loose. They are 911 361 020 11 and 12 they came out in 1974 I believe. The

On another note does anyone know if Ralph boothe of BOOTH DESIGN LLC. is still in business? His web site does not work.
Mikey914
Got some if you need them.
http://shop.914rubber.com/914-wheel-center...m?categoryId=-1
JRust
I just bought a set for my 8x16 5-lug fuchs. 3 fit nice & snug while the 4th was loose. If yours have the metal circle with the nubs. I just went around mine with some needle nose pliers. Just worked it out slowly. Bending a little continuously as I turned it in my hand. I went really slow & test fit it every little bit. After 3 passes it was snug & fit as well as the rest
bdstone914
QUOTE(yrret7 @ Mar 15 2015, 06:54 PM) *

Any tips to help keep the centre caps in the fuch rims? The kids in the parking lot will be taking them home. The nubs seem a little worn. They are way too loose. They are 911 361 020 11 and 12 they came out in 1974 I believe. The

On another note does anyone know if Ralph boothe of BOOTH DESIGN LLC. is still in business? His web site does not work.

Ralph Booth is not in business. I spoke with him recently and he is disabled. He gave me the name of someone who was supposed to be making something like what he had but i never got a return call.
Mike Bellis
Maybe it's because you have Fuch center caps and not Fuchs center caps... poke.gif
yrret7
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 15 2015, 07:06 PM) *

QUOTE(yrret7 @ Mar 15 2015, 06:54 PM) *

Ralph Booth is not in business. I spoke with him recently and he is disabled. He gave me the name of someone who was supposed to be making something like what he had but i never got a return call.

That's too bad about Ralph. He certainly made nice products.
yrret7
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 15 2015, 07:34 PM) *

Maybe it's because you have Fuch center caps and not Fuchs center caps... poke.gif

Where can I buy fuchs centre caps? lol-2.gif
warrenoliver
I had the same problem with some of my caps. I used a medium sized punch to make the nubs a little larger/deeper. I positioned the cap on a piece of wood (end grain) and put the end of the punch in the indentation. A couple of light taps on the punch in each of the three indentations and they fit much tighter.

beer3.gif

Warrenoliver
JawjaPorsche
The ones from 914Rubber are much better and durable than OEM.
yrret7
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Mar 16 2015, 07:30 AM) *

I had the same problem with some of my caps. I used a medium sized punch to make the nubs a little larger/deeper. I positioned the cap on a piece of wood (end grain) and put the end of the punch in the indentation. A couple of light taps on the punch in each of the three indentations and they fit much tighter.

beer3.gif

Warrenoliver

Thanks I'll give that a try. aktion035.gif
yrret7
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 15 2015, 06:57 PM) *

I just bought a set for my 8x16 5-lug fuchs. 3 fit nice & snug while the 4th was loose. If yours have the metal circle with the nubs. I just went around mine with some needle nose pliers. Just worked it out slowly. Bending a little continuously as I turned it in my hand. I went really slow & test fit it every little bit. After 3 passes it was snug & fit as well as the rest

Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try! I was about to silicone them in.
type47fan
I haven't had a problem with the center caps being loose since I replaced mine with the style on the right.

Click to view attachment

The potential drawback is a mutilated center cap/wheel if someone is really intent on trying to get them off.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JRust
I like those with the bolts. Definitely keep them in place with those. Where did you get them?
type47fan
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 16 2015, 07:23 PM) *

I like those with the bolts. Definitely keep them in place with those. Where did you get them?

They came with the set of 6X16s I bought years ago. I remember them being sold at one time, but have long since lost the reference. Anybody else remember these center caps?
PaulK
The easyist and quickest way is to just wrap some electrical tape around them over the part that goes into the center of the wheel and drive them home. did that on my 911sc and they have held for twenty years. smash.gif
Mike Bellis
I say Fuch center caps! Can't take them on the track anyway...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.