Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for another round of guess the part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Lets see how long it takes to figure out this one.
JoeDees
Too easy, it's the whatchamacallit!
Bob L.
looks like a grommet for a specific place. Where... confused24.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Mar 16 2015, 09:28 AM) *

looks like a grommet for a specific place. Where... confused24.gif

Yep, a hint, you have to be into a bare bones restoration to find this one.
Jeffs9146
Engine compartment to trunk wire gromet idea.gif
PanelBilly
I'm still waiting for the new sail panel trim. Let's get things made in the order that I need them!
Mikey914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 16 2015, 09:45 AM) *

I'm still waiting for the new sail panel trim. Let's get things made in the order that I need them!

The sail panel trim is still on the back burner as the factory are now available. I will continue to evaluate how I can make them, the castings were a bust as the labor to polish made them more expensive than the OEM. I threw a chunk of cash at the process so far and have to get back to where I can try another option. Meanwhile I do the stuff I can easily do to help pay for the R&D.

I haven't forgotten them.

Targa70
behind the rocker panel covers? The gromets on the drivers side thru which the vent line runs from top of the fuel tank to engine compartment?
McMark
Only place I can think of, but I'm not sure of, is around the wiring harness, where it passes from engine bay to trunk, or gas tank area to trunk.
Java2570
Looks like the grommet for the ECU wiring harness.
JamesM
D-jet Harness, grommet at the ECU.

JamesM
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Mar 16 2015, 10:45 AM) *

Looks like the grommet for the ECU wiring harness.

Damn, beat me as i was posting.
McMark
Aha! Good one! sunglasses.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Mar 16 2015, 01:46 PM) *

D-jet Harness, grommet at the ECU.

Yep, as soon as I saw this post w00t.gif !!!
Tom
Mikey914
That went fast. I guess you know your 914's more intimately than I thought.
Dave_Darling
I knew I had messed with that damn thing before, but I couldn't remember where it was! As soon as I saw Java's post, I exclaimed "That's it!!"

--DD
JamesM
So I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you made these for Bowlsby? Unless these are really stretchy I don't imagine many people would want to attempt to replace one.
Mikey914
Yes these are a few other choice parts were made for Jeff. I covered the tooling on these to be able to make these available to all, the rest of the parts are a Jeff exclusive deal. They are s silicone so yes the are stretchy, but you will need the ends off to use them.
falcor75
Dammit I was hoping for something else.... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.