Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB; Porsche 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
lrlee
Hi all,

I am new to the fourm and looking to purchase my first Porsche. I am interested in finding a factory Porsche 914-6, ideally matching numbers project with minimal rust but open to all options as long as it was originally a 914-6 from the factory. I am located in Wisconsin, but willing to travel. I am sure there are lots of enthusiasts out there looking for the same, but I thought I would try a post and see.

Thank you and please contact me if you have such a vehicle or know of someone who does.
Cairo94507
Well you came upon the right place to possibly find a Six and certainly to learn about all you could possibly need to know to avoid one that is a rust trap or a fraudulent representation.

I actually found my Six here after about 1 year of searching and looking at other Sixes. Good luck- be patient and have a suitcase of cash available.

Best wishes and keep us informed of your progress as you find possible candidates. welcome.png
lrlee
Hi Cairo,

Thank you for your reply! I look forward to the "hunt" somewhat concerned that at some point I might be priced out off the market but no reason to worry too much about something I cannot control!

Thanks you again!
914Next
QUOTE(lrlee @ Mar 16 2015, 09:05 PM) *

Hi Cairo,

Thank you for your reply! I look forward to the "hunt" somewhat concerned that at some point I might be priced out off the market but no reason to worry too much about something I cannot control!

Thanks you again!

Where are you from in Wisconsin? Moved to Atlanta from Milwaukee five years ago. I too looked for a 6 as my first 914 but got sidetracked by a beautiful survivor 914-4. Whichever you end up with, you will love it and this Forum is superb!

Steve
Michael N
Here is one that I haven't seen much posted about. I am not sure if the $70k price is before or after the mechanical and cosmetic refresh they are doing. Not mine just passing along info.... Good luck on your search.

Vintage Car Reserve

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lrlee
Hi Steve, I am only about 30 minutes north of Milwaukee but I did live in Milwaukee for the past two years while going to the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.

Hi Michael N, thank you for the link on the 914-6, I did contact them to inquire further about the car if anything to learn more about the current market.

Thank you all again for the input!
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 17 2015, 03:38 PM) *

Here is one that I haven't seen much posted about. I am not sure if the $70k price is before or after the mechanical and cosmetic refresh they are doing. Not mine just passing along info.... Good luck on your search.

Vintage Car Reserve

That car has been offered first in June or July last year. The seller showed exactly the same pictures. His first asking price was 40k USD that time. He said in summer that he was working on getting it running.
So the car is restored now or he watched all the rising prices in the current market shades.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(lrlee @ Mar 16 2015, 10:17 PM) *

Hi all,

I am new to the fourm and looking to purchase my first Porsche. I am interested in finding a factory Porsche 914-6, ideally matching numbers project with minimal rust but open to all options as long as it was originally a 914-6 from the factory. I am located in Wisconsin, but willing to travel. I am sure there are lots of enthusiasts out there looking for the same, but I thought I would try a post and see.

Thank you and please contact me if you have such a vehicle or know of someone who does.

There is a "project" not far away from you. "Only" 430 mls ....but your are used to such distances in the states.

Finding a project 914 with "minimal rust" is really challenging.
lrlee
Kaeferfreund,

Thank you for your posts and input. I sent you a PM regarding the Porsche you mentioned.

Thanks all!
Cairo94507
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=251398

Quite the project Six.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 17 2015, 04:38 PM) *

Vintage Car Reserve

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hello, has anybody found out the VIN of this canary yellow project???

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.