Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Looking for some *action*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Birgit
This one is WAY OFF-TOPIC but I need the help of fellow 914 owners, in order to make a dream come true for my best friend.

Being chosen as the Maid of Honor and helping in the wedding preparations we decided to sign, Mary and her fiance Minh, up for a radio "Dream wedding contest". Now the story is that we need people to help us vote for them and would be very grateful if you could all give us some support. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray.gif

Please click here and vote for Mary and Minh

Please click here and vote for Mary and Minh

Thank you sooooo much
-Birgit grouphug.gif wub.gif
seanery
mueba.gif
jim912928
done!
bd1308
clap.gif cheers and congrats! beer.gif

voted...
Allan
Voted. It's pretty close. Their down by 1 vote.
ejm
Looks like you can vote more than once wink.gif
azbill

Stuffed the ballot box voted 4 times biggrin.gif . hope it helps
michelko
voted! biggrin.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
Mrs. K
You got it Birgit! Hope they win!
You are a pretty nice friend! biggrin.gif

Lisa clap.gif
Birgit
The other admins might shoot me for this one but Mary and I have spent the last 10 years busting around in my 914 (This 914 "Little Guy" was the love of my life) and she had the greatest adoration for my car but was never able to get one for herself. Then the day came when we looked for wedding locations and I picked her up in the "new" 914. She had the hugest smile on her face belting into the 5-point harness and holding on for dear life as I busted through the hills to visit various wineries. Here we are today, Mary still has a passion for the 914s.

Now to their story, Mary and Minh...

The candlelight in the room whispered a new future. Minh presented a gift as I waited with anxiety. As Minh got on one knee and proposed, I was in a dream state of disbelief. Being together since high school, for ten years Minh swore he’d never wed. My body trembled and grabbed him to make sure the proposal was real. He chose a $13 ring and informed me we’d pick a real one out together. The following month we bought a house and my ring had to wait. Over a year later I don’t have a real ring but I have a home. We’re each other’s opposite and best friend. We have a true love that’s rare to find and what many people spend their whole lives searching for. Minh gave me a dream proposal; help us to have a dream wedding for the rare love we found.
Rhodes71/914
Good luck to them! grouphug.gif
Birgit
Wow it's working! smilie_pokal.gif

Thank you soo much for voting, I know this is out of line, but I also know the 914 family is always there when in need. I can say this from personal experience.

Thanks again to everyone. pray.gif
-Birgit
skline
I voted too, she is very pretty, I think I would have voted for them anyway. But I always was a sucker for a pretty face.

wub.gif
jim912928
the gap is widening...36% vs 33% for the next couple down...keep voting!
Gustl
37% vs 33% smilie_pokal.gif
Birgit
Here is the flyer we are passing around San Jose and Morgan hill this weekend. I think it would be hilarious if we managed to help them win this contest.

neo914-6
Birgit,

Post pics of the wedding! biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Billybob, MikeZ's avatar's never offend me (well, maybe the exploding head just a little), but yours certainly does. After your last post, I'm thinking you might offend me too. sounds like something Alfred would say.
seanery
you caught that, too, Curt?
TheCabinetmaker
I see him on an almost weekly basis. He's really pretty easy to spot.
jim912928
that billybob person's comment was a tad bit disheartening. Can't believe there are still people in this world that can make comments like that!

Now...KEEP ON VOTING!
scotts-toolwench
I'm voting up a storm! Good luck to them!
They seem like a beautiful couple and I hope they win! (with the 914club behind them it should be great!)

I wish friends of mine would do something like that for me! Scott (Thacher) and I are getting married in October and the cost is already staggering!

You're a great friend! rolleyes.gif
Teri

p.s- they are up 38% to 32% for the next highest couple!
Keep voting!
Lou W
Voted burnout.gif
d7n7master
Best of luck in your future together!!!
I voted & your winning!!! biggrin.gif
d914
gotcha, up to 39%
soloracer
They got my vote. C'mon fellow Canucks! Give them the northern vote!
TheCabinetmaker
Damn, just go away!
Rusty
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Feb 12 2005, 04:44 PM)
Damn, just go away!

I helped him go.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Feb 12 2005, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Feb 12 2005, 04:44 PM)
Damn, just go away!

I helped him go.

Thank you.
skline
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, multiple votes make no difference, the tally (The one in the parenthisis) doesnt change with each vote you do. It onlyt akes the first one from that IP. The rest are just lost in cyberspace. However, if you are on a dialup, or have access to multiple networks or comuters at other locations, you could vote and make it count.

smile.gif
Garland
Voted. Good Luck! grouphug.gif
Bleyseng
voted!
I'll try from the dial up account too.
When they win and get married ya gotta post some darn pics. It will make all the women cry thou.

Geoff
Dad Roberts
Done deal!!! Can't lose with this kinda support... biggrin.gif ........Dad driving.gif
bryanthompson
Voted.
aircooledboy
In.

beerchug.gif
Birgit
Thank you sooooo much to everyone. This is amazing!!!

I talked to Mary just a little bit ago and she was screaming with excitement and in disbelief that there were so many people helping us out.

Thank you thank you thanks to all! boldblue.gif
d914
just voted from second pc, hope its got a different ip.
soloracer
Just posted the link on my "other" car forum. Let's see if we can get a whole bunch more votes headed this way.
r_towle
done 38%

Rich
Joe.D
Now 39%....
kenporacer
I'm in with 39%. Still up by 6%!
morph
Voted, When does the voting end? We want to make sure that they win.
Jeroen
Hey Birgit!
You know we can't refuse ANYTHING you ask here biggrin.gif
So... I voted. They're up at 40%
jim912928
keep voting people!
ejm
I sent the link off to family and friends smile.gif
pete-stevers
yup I voted... smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
got in a second time!
Brad Roberts
Voting ends Feb.14th at 12pm.

We should have some Mary/Birgit pics to post here sometime tomorrow. From what I understand they where hitting up every computer place to vote from different machines.. laugh.gif

B
VegasRacer
smlove2.gif Vote cast. grouphug.gif
dakotaewing
Done -
But, read the details on the contest.... It looks like the first round for these guys ends on the 14th - Then there will be another round for the finalists....
So we will need to vote again...
Thom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.