Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Components for GT Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beach914
Just picked this up before prices skyrocketing make this unobtainable for me. Hard to pass it up. 82 911SC 3.0. Will be looking for an ECU.
No immediate plans as I need to finish the 936/77 Go Kart Project on another thread.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
w00t.gif
Beach914
Next step will be to have a business friend weld my group buy flares on my silver 72 chassis and repair the hell hole and minor floorboard rust.
That should get me motivated to accelerate the progress on the project.
GeorgeRud
The conversion is not cheap, but the end result is awesome.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Mar 18 2015, 09:30 AM) *

Just picked this up before prices skyrocketing make this unobtainable for me. Hard to pass it up. 82 911SC 3.0. Will be looking for an ECU.
No immediate plans as I need to finish the 936/77 Go Kart Project on another thread.
Click to view attachment

Are you keeping the FI? If so you should consider a modification to the intake (like I did) so you won't have to cut the trunk.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
On An SC, the "ECU" only gives feedback to the hydro-mechanical CIS from the oxygen sensor. If you aren't installing an O2 sensor, you don't need the ECU.

--DD
Jeffs9146
agree.gif

But wouldn't that defalt the FI to a basic flat (open) setting and stop it from adjusting to changes in altitude? idea.gif

FYI
O2 Sensor Delete Info At PP
JmuRiz
Jeff, I've seen your setup before, but I'm not sure I found out what parts were used to make it.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 18 2015, 06:25 PM) *

Jeff, I've seen your setup before, but I'm not sure I found out what parts were used to make it.

As for the intake system it is totaly stock "modified"! blink.gif

The air box was cut off the intake and replaced with an early Volvo 240 series FI AFR mounting box and all the lines were bent to adjust for the movement of the air box. All the misc. smog and decel valves were removed and either capped or routed with adapted pieces modified to fit.

Here is a photo of the Volvo Box to mount the AFR.

Ohhhh and the Yellow elbow is welded and powder coated to match. The rubber pieces are from 2 2.7L intake boots cut in half to allow extra rubber to clamp on the elbow. If I did it again and knew how to weld aluminum I would have done the elbow out of aluminum! shades.gif
Beach914
I like it! Looking forward to this kind of support when I get to that stage. I have the resources available in my business to get this type of modification done.

This is great stuff.
Maltese Falcon
Nice fabrication work Jeff !
When I ran the 3.0 SC engine in my conversion it utilized the original cis airbox, with a safety blow off kit.
I took the black rubber boot off of the top, carefully trimmed some material off of the top (16" surface grinder), and it just cleared the engine grille. This is all dependent on which style motor mount is being used...some higher/some lower.
Marty
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 19 2015, 08:08 AM) *

Nice fabrication work Jeff !
When I ran the 3.0 SC engine in my conversion it utilized the original cis airbox, with a safety blow off kit.
I took the black rubber boot off of the top, carefully trimmed some material off of the top (16" surface grinder), and it just cleared the engine grille. This is all dependent on which style motor mount is being used...some higher/some lower.
Marty

The big challange is that the engine lid latch hits the fuel tubes on the AFR as well as a bunch of other stuff. Your options are to try to mount the engine closer to the firewall, cut the latch out or modify like me.

I did lower my motor mount by 1/2" but spaced it back up a 1/4" for a perfect fit.
Maltese Falcon
Nice Crab smile.gif
Beach914
What mount kit is the most favored?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Mar 19 2015, 03:17 PM) *

What mount kit is the most favored?

I purchased the Maddog mount but if I had to do it again I would do the one showed in post #34 in this thread by a914guy because with the Maddog mount the harness gets pinched and is to tight. And I had to cut and modify the Maddog mount to fit on a '75 chassis.

My Mounting Experience
mepstein
I bought a maddog mount. Scotty told me he didn't care for it. I returned it and bought one from Rich - a914guy@aol.com.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.